Coming soon . . . Petrus van Mastricht?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

Puritan Board Junior
Writes Ligon Duncan:
Joel Beeke recently wrote to me about the following. He said: "The Dutch Reformed Translation Society is seriously contemplating translating Petrus van Mastricht's 4-volume magisteral work of systematic theology and ethics, Theologia theoretico-practica ["Theoretical and Practical Theology"]--a work that Jonathan Edwards called the most important book ever written beside the Bible. The problem faced by the committee is that it was originally written in Latin, then translated into Dutch. The Board approved advertising in select journals for someone who knows well Latin, Dutch, English, and eighteenth-century Reformed theology. All names of serious possibilities of a qualified translator and further inquiries should be forwarded to our secretary, Dr. Nelson Kloosterman, 10777 Oakridge Court, St. John, IN 46373, USA. [email protected] or [email protected]"
Dr Kloosterman is one of my professors at MARS and I caught him posting a notice to this effect on one of the bulletin boards in the seminary last week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back