Comfort in the face of suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is hope of Heaven. If she was born again then her sin will not bring condemnation to her. Christians CAN and do sin and suicide is just that; sin. I'll pray for you guys.

I thought brother Vincent preached a good sermon here. He brought out the point that none of us have a promise that we won't lose our mind and make a sinful choice while under extreme pain or duress.

I thought brother Vincent preached a good sermon here. He brought out the point that none of us have a promise that we won't lose our mind and make a sinful choice while under extreme pain or duress.

My father had an uncle, an Old German Baptist elder, a godly man who later on in his life "lost his mind" and shot himself. From what I understand his mental anguish was pretty intense.

My mother committed suicide in 1985 (shot herself). I have no trouble believing her to be in hell.

My mother committed suicide in 1985 (shot herself). I have no trouble believing her to be in hell.

Whew! Hard hitting! Seems to me that you should tell us a little more about that. I mean, do you believe she's in hell because she commited the act or because she was unsaved anyway? I'm with the majority on this thread (so far) that a suicide can be saved.

This is a topic that hits close to home for me. My mother took her own life in 2002. It was the hardest trial the Lord has ever brought my way. I still struggle with it. You can read an article that I wrote about the subject here.

Wes, from across a continent, may I offer you a ":pray2: for you" and a Christian sister ((( )))? I know whereof you are speaking, from a somewhat different angle, and I weep along with you...

I'm so sorry...

Wishing you love, peace, happiness and assurance in our Lord Jesus Christ to carry you through every minute of every day,

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back