• We should use a system that takes the point spread into account

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
The NCAA football season kicks off in two weeks on Wednesday, August 27, and I have the privilege and the honor of running the contest this year. (By the way, the Wednesday Georgia State - Abilene Christian game won't be one of those used, so the deadline for the first week's picks will be 6:00 pm Thursday, August 28, 2014.)

The question that I'm putting before you all is whether we should make the contest more difficult by using point spreads. I don't pledge to be bound by the outcome of the poll (if I can remember how to set one up) but I am interested if there is sentiment for change, or whether we should continue as we have for the last few years.

As usual, those who win a week will be in the bowl game contest at the end of the season (and given the new +1 bowl format, we might look at changing up that a bit) and the winner of that gets the honor for next year.

Not sure if I will participate this year, since my time zone is so far off and I don't get to watch any of the games anyway! :(
Still, I think that the point spread would make it more like work and less like fun! :2cents:

I could go either way, but I voted for traditional because most of us are pretty busy and spreads seem like they'd require a bit more research/time investment in picking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back