Votes: 71 70.3%
  • Tea

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make an unneccessary choice. This is not an either/or, but a both/and. Coffee is good for the morning. Tea is good for the afternoon. I, too, have been to the British Isles, and became a tea lover. But I also love sweet tea. Those who say that tea is for pregnant or sick people haven't had sweet tea. I'm not talking about yankee iced tea with some sweetener in it; I'm talking about the real stuff.

Steven, I had a youth pastor from North Carolina who always made sweet tea, it was great stuff! I forgot about it until someone mentioned it on here. It's definitely not iced tea, that's for sure.

Hot tea for breakfast. The day just isn't right if it's not started with hot tea.
Coffee after that. In summer I go for iced coffees or diet Pepsi. But now I have got started on iced tea. Not too sweet and a little lemon. Oh yeah, I am high maintenance!
Today is an iced tea day.

I absolutely LOVE tea! I love hot teas during the winter, and iced teas during the summer! There's just so much variety with teas! I like the taste and flavor of coffee but even decaf makes me too jittery...so I prefer tea! Though, most of the time I just drink water with a lemon!

I'll drink one or two cups of good, strong coffee a day maximum -- one in the morning, maybe one in the early afternoon. I love coffee, but any more than two and I'm feeling ill; it really dehydrates me.

Definitely coffee, though I enjoy iced tea (unsweeted like a good Yankee--I know I'm a southerner now, but I can't give up my unsweetened tea).

We always had coffee brewing in my home and in my mom's family (Norwegian), being offered a cup of coffee was a sign that you were now old enough to sit at the table after dinner and talk with the adults. I still remember the day my Norwegian grandfather offered me my first cup of coffee, I was 13 years old.

Quickly skimming the replies, it appears most of the non-tea folks are, to put it nicely, northerners. Since it's hard to find a good cold glass of sweet Community, or even Luzianne, up north, particularly in the winter, that might be understandable.

On a recent trip to the southeast, I recently discovered that Publix supermarket sells sweetened Peach flavored tea in half gallon and gallon jugs. Highly recommended.

I suddenly find myself wondering if I'd like coffee more if I could have a raktajino...

Exactly, MaryP, that's why coffee is awesome.

:coffee: :coffee:

I completely burned out my caffeine receptors something like 12 years back. I was working around the clock (software engineering at the time) and about 2:30 or so, I noticed I was *hungry* beyond belief. The vending machines were out, there wasn't any stores open anywhere nearby, and the only thing I had to eat was sitting on my desk ... 1/2 pound of chocolate covered coffee beans. I ate them all, and thought I was going to die. My heart was racing, and I was a total mess. But about 6 hours later, I was exhausted and went right to sleep. Ever since, caffeine has had no effect on me. I can drink 2 pots of coffee one day, even in the evening, and go right to sleep at night. I can drink coffee for weeks, and then stop and not have any of the withdrawal symptoms some people have. I just don't react to it any more.

That is something of a pain though. It would be wonderful to be able to use it to help stay awake when I need an extra hour or two in the evening, or to help get going if I need to wake up early. But it just doesn't do anything. Sigh.

Ps 104:14,15 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And coffee that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

I drink coffee because it maketh my heart glad.

Green tea!? bleh. But if you must, you can save money by just boiling your grass clippings when you cut your lawn. :)

Exactly, MaryP, that's why coffee is awesome.

:coffee: :coffee:

I completely burned out my caffeine receptors something like 12 years back. I was working around the clock (software engineering at the time) and about 2:30 or so, I noticed I was *hungry* beyond belief. The vending machines were out, there wasn't any stores open anywhere nearby, and the only thing I had to eat was sitting on my desk ... 1/2 pound of chocolate covered coffee beans. I ate them all, and thought I was going to die. My heart was racing, and I was a total mess. But about 6 hours later, I was exhausted and went right to sleep. Ever since, caffeine has had no effect on me. I can drink 2 pots of coffee one day, even in the evening, and go right to sleep at night. I can drink coffee for weeks, and then stop and not have any of the withdrawal symptoms some people have. I just don't react to it any more.

Whoa...!

That's crazy, I didn't even know that was possible to do. But it makes sense, I've been noticing that I need more coffee to give me that energy boost. So it seems the more exposure someone has to caffeine the less of an effect.

I wonder if you ate some coffee beans again if it would give you energy? I bet it would, though I'm not sure how healthy that is. I remember someone saying that some famous radio show host(I think Rush) does that before going on air or something. But a 1/2 lb of coffee beans, that's pretty extreme! :eek:

So question : Do you know anyone who builds up caffeine intolerance(not sure what to call it) just through drinking coffee? I'm wondering if you have to have MASSIVE amounts of coffee in order to get to the point where you are, or if I'll eventually get there.

-----Added 6/19/2009 at 01:44:24 EST-----

Also, what is your favorite brand of coffee(directed toward everyone)?

smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif
store bought whole bean Starbucks, freshly ground for each pot
smiley_emoticons_winkgrin.gif

Ps 104:14,15 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And coffee that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

I drink coffee because it maketh my heart glad.

Is that translated from the textus starbuctus?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back