Coffee Sweetener?

What is the Best Coffee Sweetener?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But most of the time I use cinnamon by itself because it is a natural blood sugar lowering agent. It also sweetens coffee just a bit by itself.
Now there's a coffee sweetener I'd never thought of. Where'd you get that idea from?

In a medical magazine at the doctors office. The magazine was proclaiming the ability of cinnamon to lower blood sugar. I drink coffee every day so I just made it a part of my morning regiment to add cinnamon to my coffee. And it is a natural sweetner. Cinnamon is some kind of bush or tree bark. I learned a lot from the article. But have forgotten most of it by now.

BTW, I have tested to see if it makes a difference or not and it does make about a 20% difference for my type 2 diabetes. But you gotta be careful with Cinnamon because the article said it can become toxic. I use about a half of a teaspoon every morning in my coffee.

In a medical magazine at the doctors office. The magazine was proclaiming the ability of cinnamon to lower blood sugar. I drink coffee every day so I just made it a part of my morning regiment to add cinnamon to my coffee. And it is a natural sweetner. Cinnamon is some kind of bush or tree bark. I learned a lot from the article. But have forgotten most of it by now.

BTW, I have tested to see if it makes a difference or not and it does make about a 20% difference for my type 2 diabetes. But you gotta be careful with Cinnamon because the article said it can become toxic. I use about a half of a teaspoon every morning in my coffee.
Interesting.

I use splenda because of my diabetes if I use a sweetner. But most of the time I use cinnamon by itself because it is a natural blood sugar lowering agent. It also sweetens coffee just a bit by itself.

Can you have honey with diabetes?:offtopic:

If I am willing to give myself a little extra insulin. I like honey.

But not if I want to keep my blood sugar down in the normal range. Honey is a natural Sugar and it is very good for you. It is not like refined sugar. Carbohydrates are also bad for diabetics because your body turns them into sugar right away and it raises your glucose level. That is why if you eat a good meal with starchy foods you get tired afterwards. A high glucose level means your blood grows extra thick and your body really has to work hard at pumping the blood because it is so much more thicker. This is hard on your organs like your liver, kidneys, and heart. Thicker gelatin like blood causes lots of problems.

Just information for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back