Cloud Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I have some security on a few of my sites that is able to detect SQL injects and saw a number of attempts recently and contacted my Cloud Hosting provider about blocking IP's. The help desk recommended this service: Home | CloudFlare | The web performance & security company

The free service is really quite impressive. They maintain a ever growing database of malicious IP's and monitor traffic going through their system for evidence of nefarious actors. If they detect either then a CAPTCHA page is used to challenge the person or bot and they cannot access the website until they meet that challenge. Not only does it cut down on website bandwidth and processing because it's dropping some connections but it provides a great added security benefit to your hosted website. Add to this that their service has a Content Delivery Network (CDN) that improves performance through global delivery improving site performance.

It's really easy to set up if you know how to set your nameservers and will even read your current DNS settings to make it easy to set up. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a website hosted on any platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back