Classical Apologetics audio lectures and sermons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
In this thread I am not looking for critiques of classical apologetics or defences of presuppositionalism or idealism, but I am wanting your feedback on the best audio defences of the classical apologetics position. It would be helpful if you could indicate whether the recommended speaker is approaching the issue from a Reformed or non-Reformed point of view. Thank you for your help.

Is classical the same as evidential as opposed to presuppositional?

There are variants of classical apologetics, but they would all be opposed to modern presuppositionalism. If memory serves me correctly, R. C. Sproul distinguishes his views from bare evidentialism. For the time being, however, I am wanting to learn more about the issues rather than comment on the subject.

Sproul's, Defending Your Faith might be a good source for classical apologetics.

Ligonier offers a teaching series by John Gerstner called "Handout Apologetics" that discusses classical apologetics.

Bahnsen & R.C. Sproul did a "debate" years ago on this issue. It's available at cmfnow.com. I think it is about $12 total. (Avoid their material that's not Gentry, Bahnsen, Van Til, & Butler. Their self-produced material is tinted with FV.) It's called ASM5-Bahnsen, Sproul Debate Apologetic Method. There are 4 parts.

Gerstner is good, though he is by training a church historian and not a philosopher. William Lane Craig has a lot of material, though he downplays the noetic effects and he is overly optimistic on the power of mathematical formulae (symbolic equations) to convert sinners.

Prof. Timothy McGrew, a member of my Anglican Parish, has done a number of learned presentations that have been put up on YouTube by various contributors.
When you do your search on YouTube, put Dr Timothy McGrew, in the search box. If you don't include Dr. in the search box you will get a bunch of stuff by some alleged musician.

Douglas Groothuis has written a new work that you may find helpful Christian Apologetics: A Comprehensive Case for Biblical Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back