Church in Glasgow Scottland

Status
Not open for further replies.

limamichelle

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello
My sister just moved to Scotland and I would like to find a reformed , bible believing church there. is there a friendly church about? My sister is just recovering from a mental illness so a friendly one will be good :)

Postcode is G12 O**

Regards

The Free Pres church is close to the city centre and I found people very friendly. I don't know that particular Reformed Pres church, but the Airdrie church is very welcoming. I know people who attend both - if you PM me I can make sure someone will be there to say hello.

However, if your sister is not used to Scotland, the people are friendly but reserved. They can seem stand offish ( as can we English) at first meeting.

I would echo the suggestion of Glasgow Reformed Presbyterian Church on Gardner Street. Rev Kenneth Stewart is a very gifted preacher. He was my Minister here in Stornoway some years back

The Free Church Continuing congregations are also very worthwhile and would be worth a visit.

Last edited:
I'm a member of Glasgow Reformed Presbyterian Church, Gardner st, Partick. We are in the G12 area so she is local to us. She would be made most welcome.

In Christ

I'm a member of Glasgow Reformed Presbyterian Church in Gardner Street too. Rev Stewart is a very gifted preacher and your sister would be most welcome with us.

It depends on your sister's theological back round and persuasions as to
finding a suitable church that meets those criteria. I only have experience
of RPCS regarding the quality of the preaching of its Minister, and the friendliness
of the members I have met. The Lord direct her steps to find a haven at this time
in her life.
I joy'd when to the house of God ,
Go up they said to me.
Jerusalem, within thy gates
our feet shall standing be.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much, I'm very happy with the response! im glad to know they are good churches about, I think I will direct my sister to the Glasgow rpc this Sunday, and it will be nice if there is someone to welcome her.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back