Church has Three Cable Modems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRoper

Puritan Board Graduate
I started getting involved with our church's network since I heard that the Internet has "never" worked in the building. I looked at the jumble of equipment and found that besides two WiFi access points there were three cable modems. One is an older cable modem that has built in telephony, one has built in WiFi, and one has no other features. They are all coming off of one coax splitter.

Is there any reason to have more than one? I asked to be forwarded the statement of charges. Should I expect to find that we are paying for more than one circuit?

I got Internet working, by the way.

Unless there are separate cable accounts for each modem in question, I do not see why there is a need. You will have to trace out the destinations of each cable modem. One may be personal for the Pastor or something. The other for the church as a whole. The telephony enabled item might be for dedicated internet voice over IP or an alarm system that calls a service center. Given you are getting a statement from the cable provider(s), that should help sort things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back