Christ's Ministry

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.C. Dean

Puritan Board Sophomore
On my first visit to an RPCNA (this past Sabbath), the Rev. Bever of Grace & Truth Church gave an introduction to the Gospel of John, and spoke about how we know Christ's ministry was around 3 years due to the number of Passovers the Gospels account of. But the Gospel writers only give us enough information to cover about a year of ministry (with John only focusing on one month or so). This is an amazing thing to ponder, and I commend Pastor Bever's sermon to you all. This amazing fact is also why I changed my Ryle quote about the Bible to John 21:25, which if I was forced to identify a favorite Bible verse would most likely be this one.

Note: If anyone notices an error in the numbers I cited, please correct me. I was paraphrasing from what I remember of the sermon.

So glad to hear you enjoyed a RPCNA congregation! I will certainly listen to the sermon.

For those of you looking, since it is not on sermon audio you can find it here:
http://graceandtruthrpc.org/series/the-gospel-of-john/
Yessir. In a thread I discussed the circumstances of why I was able to attend, but the nearest RPCNA (and any EP church) is the one in Harrisonburg, an over 3 hour drive. I was blessed to be able to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back