Christ's Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotzo

Puritan Board Sophomore
One of the turning points in my faith was when I dwelt on Christ's ascension and realized I had never reckoned with the fact that Jesus is somewhere right now and if I was with him I could see him, hear him, touch him as John describes in his epistle. This is still fairly mind-boggling to me, but comforting as it makes clear the Scriptures when they speak of his intercession as the God-man on our behalf (in other words, he is ontologically perfect as the second Adam, worthy, able and desiring to present us and our prayers to the Father). Absolutely awe-striking!

That being said, now comes the childish question...where is Jesus right now? I know the creed tells us "at the right hand of the Father" and so he is. But, I understand that to phrase to describe his equality with the Father, rather than an acutal location such as "at the table with my family for dinner". So, seeing as how Jesus has his body, does he reside in the physical universe somewhere?

Or perhaps this is one of those things Calvin would say should not be peered into and the knee must simply be bowed?

I am tempted to take it as what I calll a "literal/mystery", (chuckle). We are mortals trying to grasp the immortal. I myself.....bow the head on this one.:2cents:

The human nature of Christ would not be human if it were omnipresent. It would cease to have the property of "limitation" and "local" as a finite nature. Jesus is at one place at one time. His physical nature can only reside in one place at one time. He is definitely in heaven, at the right hand of the Father (or more figuratively - He is in heaven at the place of power - resurrected and ascended as High Priest).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back