Christmas Defenders Refuted

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanHunt

Puritan Board Senior
I know you're from Northern Ireland and all, but just because someone rants loudly it doesn't make them more convincing...

:p

JonathanHunt

Puritan Board Senior
I know you're from Northern Ireland and all, but just because someone rants loudly it doesn't make them more convincing...

Aye right; show me warrant for Christ-mass in the Bible. :violin:

Anyway, BS doesn't rant that loudly; does he?

It must be the poor recordings. I have heard him on Psalmody and headcoverings and he hurts my poor ears.

Did I purport to defend Christ-mass, Sir?

I consider myself free to preach the gospel on any day of the year. If it is likely that men might come and hear it on December 25th, I would do it then. As it is, we do not find that in Cheltenham we get many/any coming in on that day. My only defence of the use of that particular day for a public service of worship is when it presents an evangelistic opportunity. My church does not meet on December 25th unless it is the Lord's Day.

Poimen

Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner

Aye right; show me warrant for Christ-mass in the Bible. :violin:

Anyway, BS doesn't rant that loudly; does he?

It must be the poor recordings. I have heard him on Psalmody and headcoverings and he hurts my poor ears.

Alright, maybe he does go too far some times (I don't agree with him on head-coverings).

JonathanHunt

Puritan Board Senior

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner

Alright, maybe he does go too far some times (I don't agree with him on head-coverings).

:eek: You DON'T? I'm suprised and intrigued! (And on your side :lol:)

Read my book for more info. I respect the position (just as I respect those who believe in believer's baptism by full immersion), but am not convinced that the "whole counsel of God" supports that view. However, I don't want to say anymore on this thread as its :offtopic:

JonathanHunt

Puritan Board Senior

Read my book for more info. I respect the position (just as I respect those who believe in believer's baptism by full immersion), but am not convinced that the "whole counsel of God" supports that view. However, I don't want to say anymore on this thread as its :offtopic:

Way to go! Another subtle plug for the book folks. And in case you missed it, you can see the cover EVERY TIME he posts! :lol:

But seriously, I'd love to add that to my collection. 'Get in line, book, and wait your turn with the 200 others on the 'to read' shelves'

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner

Way to go! Another subtle plug for the book folks. And in case you missed it, you can see the cover EVERY TIME he posts! :lol:

But seriously, I'd love to add that to my collection. 'Get in line, book, and wait your turn with the 200 others on the 'to read' shelves'

I have to send Lane Keister (Greenbaggins) a rare second hand book that I found in Belfast...I will maybe slip him a copy of TRPWEA in a vain attempt to convert him to EP...then again the cost of shipping :think:

LadyFlynt

Puritan Board Doctor
Hey! I wear a head covering! :p

and my poor hubby is doomed...he's all three + NA. I think it's seriously whacked his sense of humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.