Christian watchdog protecting the rest of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Puritan Board Senior
It seems almost like something satirical from the Onion but some person has really established a site to basically warn against "gay" music.
You might ask how does one know which way music leans in terms of sexual preference.
No need to ask.
This guy has done the work for you.
I guess I see why the Scissor Sisters got on there, and yeah Rufus Wainwright and Elton John are way out of the closet...
BUT this guy put Ted Nugent on his list...because he wears a loin cloth.
http://lovegodsway.org/GayBands
...good thing Braveheart doesn't have a band, the kilt would raise this guy's flags

It seems almost like something satirical from the Onion but some person has really established a site to basically warn against "gay" music.
You might ask how does one know which way music leans in terms of sexual preference.
No need to ask.
This guy has done the work for you.
I guess I see why the Scissor Sisters got on there, and yeah Rufus Wainwright and Elton John are way out of the closet...
BUT this guy put Ted Nugent on his list...because he wears a loin cloth.
http://lovegodsway.org/GayBands
...good thing Braveheart doesn't have a band, the kilt would raise this guy's flags

Frank Sinatra is on the list!? This guy must have a screw loose somewhere...

Looks like this guy just has an ax to grind against all popular music.

Homosexuallity is no more going to infect one's home because they like pop music than Roman Catholicism will infect one's home because they like to burn incense.

BTW: Yes Elton John is way out of the closet and is a vile man. But much of his music is very good and I will admit to listening to his stuff for years.

As long as American "Christians" remain Biblically illiterate and prefer to be told the simple lists of Do's and Dont's to Biblical maturity, there will always be guys like this adding to the Evangelical Talmud.

Yep it is sad. Sad to think he feels he is doing battle for the Lord. I am still baffled that he labeled George Michael a Texan.
Our gays are way tougher than George Michael !
: )

Looks like this guy just has an ax to grind against all popular music.
It was interesting to read his testimony. I think its understandable why he'd want to do what he can to warn people about the sin of homosexuality, being a reformed homosexual himself. In some ways I almost admire the guy, 'cause if God had delivered me from such a sin I think (know) I'd probably want to keep that part of my life private - not the kind of thing I'd want folks to know about.

Did you listen to his song "God Hates Fags"? Not bad. Not the "Smile, God loves you" type of Christian song, but good nonetheless (in my opinion).

It was interesting to read his testimony. I think its understandable why he'd want to do what he can to warn people about the sin of homosexuality, being a reformed homosexual himself. In some ways I almost admire the guy, 'cause if God had delivered me from such a sin I think (know) I'd probably want to keep that part of my life private - not the kind of thing I'd want folks to know about.

I'll admit that I didn't read that part of the site. True, if he has been delivered from such sin this particular list of music may be what he himself "tripped" over when he living according to the flesh. Certainly does put a different perspective on the site. Most folks I know that have been delivered from homosexuality are actually quite open about it. They want folks to know the "living death" of the life style and how our gracious God delivered them from it.

What? The Village People and Boy George are gay?

OK. Who's he trying to kid putting the likes of Cole Porter and Metallica on the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back