Christian Nomadism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Martinez Jr

Puritan Board Freshman
Something rather alarming has been bothering me lately. I read a piece online from a blog (how much credence can be given to such drivel?) about the Abolish Human Abortion group who started the church repent website. To me, they seemed like a fringe socially disenfranchised group. I really paid no attention to them as much. However it seems that they are upsetting churches and some rumors are starting to circulate that they believe that the institutional church is illegitimate. Any form of "church," I read, is sinful and ought to be abandoned. This to me sounds very heretical. If anyone here is associated with AHA just be careful. Some radicals are starting to infiltrate that "movement" and appear to have succeeded. I see them as a crazy, lunatic, fringe movement.

Weird. It created a secondary account on Tapatalk when I tried to reread my post. Just so you guys are aware, I wrote this. I can't seem to make changes to the entry due to the user being created. I'll make changes here since I can't make them on the original post.

"Not only is AHA hostile to the local church, they are also emphatically against any form of organized gatherings for any other purpose than to fight abortion."
AHA is primarily an anti-abortion movement (they find the pro-life moniker to be offensive) and begun to campaign against churches who don't find their movement of their utmost importance—as if the church's sole priority is to the pro-life cause (or, excuse me, to the AHA cause). The church's job isn't SOLELY to object to abortion. What of divorce? What of governing the church? What of other social injustices? How far should it use the pulpit to expose certain social injustices? The church can't entangle itself politically that it ceases to be a church and starts acting like a center for political studies.

http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/03/02/aha-and-the-heresy-of-christian-nomadism/

Last edited:
You had two accounts, one ending with Jr. the other ending with Jr (no period). The latter account was the older one (2007) so it takes precedence.

I have merged the accounts into one single account: the one ending in Jr (no period). You will have to adjust your tapatalk account accordingly if needed.

You had two accounts, one ending with Jr. the other ending with Jr (no period). The latter account was the older one (2007) so it takes precedence.

I have merged the accounts into one single account: the one ending in Jr (no period). You will have to adjust your tapatalk account accordingly if needed.
Thank you. The older one is the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back