Christian Bale Thanks Satan in award show

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyCalvinist

Puritan Board Junior
Has anyone seen this? https://www.newsweek.com/christian-bale-thanks-satan-inspiring-him-role-dick-cheney-1281551

It seems to me that Hollywood has utterly been given over to the demonic, with shows that promote sexual sins, where those who have abortions are lauded, where, it seems, almost every movie and many TV shows take the name of the Lord in vain. I am reaching the point where I want nothing to do with anything they put out. I still have some episodes and some movies but now I feel like if I give money to them I am giving money to people who hate God.

What do you think?

Has anyone seen this? https://www.newsweek.com/christian-bale-thanks-satan-inspiring-him-role-dick-cheney-1281551

It seems to me that Hollywood has utterly been given over to the demonic, with shows that promote sexual sins, where those who have abortions are lauded, where, it seems, almost every movie and many TV shows take the name of the Lord in vain. I am reaching the point where I want nothing to do with anything they put out. I still have some episodes and some movies but now I feel like if I give money to them I am giving money to people who hate God.

What do you think?
I’ve came to terms with the entertainment industry. It is a matter of particular discernment and I have little in the way of expectations of the private morality of celebrities. With that in mind, I enjoy some of their cultural products. Most of it is left on the table. The volume alone is prohibitive.

Since his role was one of political satire, it seems more like the comment was a dig at Dick Cheney and a bad joke but of course, who knows. I think I would want a bit more than that to be convinced Bale is an outright satanist.

What do you think?

I more or less start by assuming that they are all bad people. My relationship with both entertainers and politicians is transactional; for the former I exchange my time and/or money for entertainment, the latter my vote and support for policies which I endorse. I do not look to either for moral guidance or as salutary examples. If someone proves an exception to the rule so much the better, but it does not change the transaction in my view. If your conscience troubles you, by all means listen to it.

The older I've gotten the deeper my hatred grows for TV and movies. I plan on not having one upon living alone. Although I'm not sure if Christian Bale is a Satanist that belief is evidently and notably alive and well within Hollywood and the political realm. There is easy to obtain proof of many politicians and celebrities who engage in Satanic practices. Look up the spiritual experiences of Lady Gaga for example, who has openly shared what she has been doing. Also, I encourage you all to look up and watch the independent documentary "Out of the Shadows" which exposes the Satanism in Hollywood and elsewhere. The interesting thing about the documentary is that it mainly relies on evidence that has come from the people practicing the Satanism.

The older I've gotten the deeper my hatred grows for TV and movies. I plan on not having one upon living alone. Although I'm not sure if Christian Bale is a Satanist that belief is evidently and notably alive and well within Hollywood and the political realm. There is easy to obtain proof of many politicians and celebrities who engage in Satanic practices. Look up the spiritual experiences of Lady Gaga for example, who has openly shared what she has been doing. Also, I encourage you all to look up and watch the independent documentary "Out of the Shadows" which exposes the Satanism in Hollywood and elsewhere. The interesting thing about the documentary is that it mainly relies on evidence that has come from the people practicing the Satanism.

There should be a disclaimer for the "Out of the Shadows"...there is some information, and images that are not easily digested. I personally don't recommend watching it, especially if there are children around. Gave me anxiety for a few days, and I don't usually stress too easy.

And as far as Bale crediting Satan for the role, I read much sarcasm in his tone. I may be wrong, but I think there was a ton of it in there.

There should be a disclaimer for the "Out of the Shadows"...there is some information, and images that are not easily digested. I personally don't recommend watching it, especially if there are children around. Gave me anxiety for a few days, and I don't usually stress too easy.

And as far as Bale crediting Satan for the role, I read much sarcasm in his tone. I may be wrong, but I think there was a ton of it in there.

I would agree Bale was just making a tasteless joke about Vice President Cheney. Some images in Out of the Shadows were disturbing for sure but I think it's important as it directly affects the information we receive and consume everyday. And no one seems to care!

I would agree Bale was just making a tasteless joke about Vice President Cheney. Some images in Out of the Shadows were disturbing for sure but I think it's important as it directly affects the information we receive and consume everyday. And no one seems to care!
As far as that perspective, I have no issue. There was another longer more intense documentary that I watched. Made "Out of the Shadows" look tame. And it was one of those that you just couldn't stop watching. Gave me anxiety.

Anyway, all this to say, I had to speak to someone. I was doubting my salvation and a few other issues going on since watching that doc. So I spoke to a dear sister in Christ. Providence would have it that she had also watched part of it to a certain scene. She then told me she shut it off, repented, confessed and then basically said to herself. Jesus has got this. Nothing will happen, good or bad, without is permission, authorization.

You might say that was my "Aha" moment. I'm no longer obsessed with whatever is / is going / to happen...I read my bible more. It had taken away some of the faith and confidence I had in Christ. Almost praying for certain people in power to do certain things. No more...Christ, this is where you take the wheel.

I don't know whether to be aghast at thanking the devil, or be grateful he didn't thank blame God that he got the award.

At least he knows where the credit for his career belongs.

Hollywood communes with demons. I mean that in a literal, ritualistic sense. I don't know if Bale actually does or if he just a useful idiot (both are plausible). You want to make it big in that industry, then you better pay the price.

MtthwMconaughey gave a generic faith-message to a different audience: "god is my co-pilot, make him yours" sort of thing. No one blinked, and some Christians even thought "WOW! 'Nother Xian in Hollywood! YEA!" We have got to stop caring about all this verbal blather, from one side or another.

I'm sorry, I guess I did not express myself very well. Yes, Christian Bale was probably being sarcastic when he made his statement about the devil. I guess what I am trying to say is I am struggling with Hollywood and everything they put out. Since Hollywood clearly hates Christianity should I have anything to do with it?

I confess I grew up watching far too much tv and have been a member of a science-fiction fan club and even went to to a few conventions back in the 80's. I have gotten rid of my tv but I still find my self watching videos that I have gotten from the library or downloaded. I still spend more time than I should watching videos. What I watch is not R-rated (think Babylon 5 and Deeps Space Nine) but I still wonder where to draw the line.

“Occupy until I come.” Luke 19:13

“Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:16

Also, I encourage you all to look up and watch the independent documentary "Out of the Shadows" which exposes the Satanism in Hollywood and elsewhere. The interesting thing about the documentary is that it mainly relies on evidence that has come from the people practicing the Satanism.
I just finished watching "Out of Shadows". Not sure what to make of it... I'm afraid the most deceived people in that documentary are the two stunt guy producers who think that humans are "good"... and we can make the world good.

I just finished watching "Out of Shadows". Not sure what to make of it... I'm afraid the most deceived people in that documentary are the two stunt guy producers who think that humans are "good"... and we can make the world good.

I agree the two men (especially the one at the end) are very deceived about the world we live but I didn't find that to make the documentary questionable. I concede it's probably not 100% accurate

I'm sorry, I guess I did not express myself very well. Yes, Christian Bale was probably being sarcastic when he made his statement about the devil. I guess what I am trying to say is I am struggling with Hollywood and everything they put out. Since Hollywood clearly hates Christianity should I have anything to do with it?

I confess I grew up watching far too much tv and have been a member of a science-fiction fan club and even went to to a few conventions back in the 80's. I have gotten rid of my tv but I still find my self watching videos that I have gotten from the library or downloaded. I still spend more time than I should watching videos. What I watch is not R-rated (think Babylon 5 and Deeps Space Nine) but I still wonder where to draw the line.

“Occupy until I come.” Luke 19:13

“Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:16

Those happen to be my two favorite sci-fi series so you’re good ;).

Since Hollywood clearly hates Christianity should I have anything to do with it?

While I am skeptical of the idea of common grace in general, and even if it is true, there would be very little of it in Hollywood, there still are some movies that might not be all the way gone. I can't think of any modern movies at the moment, but I don't see anything wrong with older classics

Been meaning to come back to this - both of those series I have skipped parts or entire episodes if I feel the content is affecting me negatively. It is very hard for me to find anything worthwhile to watch on TV and my wife and I both like those since, comparatively speaking, the content is fairly mild (at most times) and the plots are deeper and more intelligent than other series.

I guess for myself the standard I use is avoid anything that is outright sinful and blasphemous and keep a watch on my heart to gauge how the content is affecting me and bail when I need to. I am definitely not perfect or always wise, but over time as I grow in Christ, there is just less and less I want to watch and tolerate and find any value in.

If you find any good sci-fi books or movies that have any value, let me know. I think I have read over 80 sci fi novels, typically on greatest of all time lists, and it is really hard to find anything worth the effort and I have mostly given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back