Children in Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the people who tend to be disturbed are people like me who never had younger siblings and who have no children. We're just not used to it. People who have big families learn to just tune it out.

I think the people who tend to be disturbed are people like me who never had younger siblings and who have no children. We're just not used to it. People who have big families learn to just tune it out.
You know, this is very true. Currently, uncle and cousin live with us. The difficulty has been the balance between her not being used the loudness/business of our family and my feeling like I have to constantly, and unnaturally, constrain my children from their normal play, excitement, and voices. But if we work to be together, we can balance out and we all learn grace and patience ;)

Wow thanks for the great advice everyone. My wife and i read this together and we are really encouraged.

At our church the parents with small children tend to sit in the back so that they can make an unobtrusive exit when a little one gets a bit too disruptive - works like a champ! We have a rather large percentage of elderly in our congregation so parents have to be sensitive to their needs.

We recently formed a new Bible study for the young mothers and when we meet there are at least 10 children, 7yo and under, running in and out of the nearby nursery while we are meeting. We're able to tune them out for the most part and it is such a blessing to know they are seeing their mothers (and a grandma - me!) studying the Word and praying. Our set-up would definitely not work with the other lady's Bible study where the average age is 70!

BTW - I love the idea of training a baby to nap during the time when the sermon is normally preached!

She's one. Be gracious. Can she sit on your lap? Will Daddy jigglying his leg up and down bounce her to sleep? May she have a crayon and paper? Do you have cherios on hand?
When our niece and nephew were younger, crayons and a notebook worked like a CHARM! (Or you can slip them some Nyquill...kidding...it was tempting at times...) but no, crayons worked! Now our niece loves Church, in fact, she even shushed a bawling infant! I looked at the kid's parents and we all started laughing...the "church laugh" you shake and a your eyes water but you are TRYING not to make noise!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back