Chick-fil-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmaciver

Puritan Board Sophomore
It's refreshing and encouraging to see a Christian business, honouring the 4th commandment and doing so well (Here).

My bother-in-law from Alabama is a big fan of Chik-fil-A and took me there last time I was in America.

I've been with the company full time coming up on three years now. We've indeed been very blessed, and the founder and his family (who still own the company) are sincere Christians.

It's also quite amazing. The big accomplishments prior to this one (largest chicken chain in US, largest sales per restaurant) are the more impressive when you consider we do not sell chicken but 6 days a week, generally are open less hours a day than the competition, and have relatively few restaurants (we are in 47 states, but tend to have fewer, high volume stores).

That's fantastic. I was joking with my brother-in-law that we should request a franchise in the Isle of Lewis!

That's fantastic. I was joking with my brother-in-law that we should request a franchise in the Isle of Lewis!

We're in Canada (only the Calgary International Airport thus far) so we've made it into the Commonwealth. Maybe one day. :)

When I was in Scotland last month, I was asked about Chick-fil-A by a few people. Maybe if you can get enough signatures, you can convince them to open some stores up!

Based on the public response to the KFC shortage back in February, I definitely think there would be a market for CFA.
Chicken Chaos as KFC Closes Outlets

And don't forget about their other chains - Dwarf House and Truett's Grill. (I've patronized one of each).

As for franchise operations, I think they generally pick the locations.

Their other brands are exclusively in Georgia (mostly metro Atlanta): Truett's Pizza Cafe, Truett's Luau, Truett's Grill, Truett's Chick-fil-A, and Dwarf House. Lots of good stuff there. Truett's Luau is probably the most unique, in being Hawaiian themed.

Yes, you essentially apply to be an operator and then you get some degree of choice as to where you go. However, the real estate team picks where the locations will be.

I had not heard of those two. Pizza is probably a mistake; the field is already crowded and I don't think it will be as successful as other endeavors.

It was the last endeavor by Truett Cathy before he died, when he was in his late 90s. There's just one in Fayetteville (near when he lived) and I think it's kept more alive as a legacy than a profit-making enterprise at this point. The pizza is pretty good though -- we have it at the CFA office pretty often.

Their Founder, Truett Cathy, attended the Baptist church next to my church in my hometown. A man of good reputation!
I believe he also had his sons promise that, after his death, they would not ever open on the Lord's Day.

Chick-fil-a is excellent. I have just returned from two weeks of ministry in the US, and I think I may have eaten at Chick-fil-a just a little too much! Wish they'd come to Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back