Chess anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
whosoever will:

(haha)

1. d4

BTW, what was "the move?"

I sat here for no less than two hours trying to figure out what I could possibly do, and I could never find a winning combination with any of the pieces.

I started to wonder whether you just said that to worry me to death...

:banana:

[b:ee4189933f]Aaron wrote:[/b:ee4189933f]
BTW, what was "the move?" sat here for no less than two hours trying to figure out what I could possibly do, and I could never find a winning combination with any of the pieces. I started to wonder whether you just said that to worry me to death...

I was feeling a position disadvantage around move 7 or 8. After I castled (move 10), I thought you might move your knight to Nf6, putting me in check with the Knight. Depending on what I moved next, I would have lost my Queen to either the knight at Nf6 or your rook at d1. Either way, I would have had even more of a piece disadvantage in the next few moves.

By focusing all my attention on how I could save my queen, I neglected to play g6 to stop your queen's attack after you moved your second knight to g5. I didn't even see it coming.

Oh well. I'll try and be more careful if and when I get another shot.

Bob

[b:82a923e444]Josh wrote:[/b:82a923e444]
The above is all Greek to me and I believe it's all a plot to put the simpleton checker-players like me down!

Another conspiracy theory detected and foiled!

hmm...checkers? Too bad there isn't any way to play checkers here at the forum as well. I got into playing that for a while a few years back and really got into it. Lots of fun.

Bob

Here's my reconstruction of what happened:

1. d4 d6
2. Nf3 Bg4
3. g2 Bxf3
4. exf e5
5. Be3 ...

(yeah, I didn't get your last move)

I enjoy chess...but I've never put numbers to the spaces...so I guess I'm just not die hard enough. My son enjoys the game as well and has attempted to teach his father.

Originally posted by RAS
I found this old thread. Since there are many new PB members since, is anyone here into chess?

Me!

I'm on www.timeforchess.com as coletti,
FICS (Free Internet Chess Server) as AColetti,
U.S. Chess Live as rcoletti,
and also www.ItsYourTurn.com as coletti.

If anyone's interested, I'm most active on timeforchess, but if you PM me, I can meet on the live sites. FICS and US Chess are live (real-time) chess servers, so we'd need to arrange a time to meet there - I don't hang out there much. Timeforchess and ItsYourTurn are correspondence chess; just set up an account and "challenge" me to a games. Games on the correspondence sites allow anywhere between 3 to 24 days between moves. A single game can last a year, although my average is more like a few weeks.

Also, as my rating on Timeforchess shows, my level is just a bit above average, but not much. My live rating is better, but I've only a handful of games to base that on. I rarely resign because my level of play can see a won game lost or a lost games saved with only a handful of pieces left on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back