Cheap ESV Study Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon

Puritan Board Freshman
Ok so my friends, father has started to attend church and has said that he wants a Bible to read. My friend and I told him to get an ESV Study Bible but the problem is there are pretty expensive. The family is really not well off, so do any of you know were to buy a ESV Study Bible the cheapest? Thanks

I don't know the best deal on an ESV Study Bible, but I have found that googling any book's ISBN will turn up many possible suppliers. You could work from that.

Probably amazon including shipping. See [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-ESV-Study-Bible/dp/1433502410/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243530634&sr=8-1"]here[/ame].

Have you considered a Reformation Study Bible instead? Still the ESV, but a little cheaper and from a thoroughly reformed perspective. See it at wtsbooks here.

No ESV Study Bible is cheap, you can get some relatively non-expensively at evangelicalbible.com. Call them they may have some "scratch and dents" available.

Cheap: (adj.) that with little value
Non-expensive (adj.) that of a great value at a reduced price

-----Added 5/30/2009 at 10:46:13 EST-----

Crossway Books put out the ESV study bible (kind of a slightly lighter version of the reformation study bible) instead of opening up the ESV to used with other study bible textual notes.

<rambling>I heard that Joel Olsteen was heart broken that his study Bible wouldn't be allowed to be used with the ESV notes, then he was relieved because it meant people wouldn't be as likely to read a version which actually translates what God meant and said. </rambling>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back