ChatGPT Has A Serious Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil D.

ὁ βαπτιστὴς
Maybe I'm obsessing at the moment, but I do think it is prudent to be aware of issues like this. Also, see here.

Last edited:
This may be worse.

"Despite their integral role in building ChatGPT, the workers faced grueling conditions and low pay. One Kenyan worker who was responsible for reading and labeling text for OpenAI told TIME that “he suffered from recurring visions after reading a graphic description of a man having sex with a dog in the presence of a young child.” The workers took home wages between $1.32 and $2 an hour, based on seniority and performance. "

This may be worse.

"Despite their integral role in building ChatGPT, the workers faced grueling conditions and low pay. One Kenyan worker who was responsible for reading and labeling text for OpenAI told TIME that “he suffered from recurring visions after reading a graphic description of a man having sex with a dog in the presence of a young child.” The workers took home wages between $1.32 and $2 an hour, based on seniority and performance. "
Ummmm.

Wut?

"Time reported that content moderators at Sama who worked on projects for Meta became traumatized after viewing images and videos of executions, rape, and child abuse for $1.50 an hour."

To be fair, in the US we have a huge consumer base that actually pays to watch/ participate in simulated executions for hours on end.

"Time reported that content moderators at Sama who worked on projects for Meta became traumatized after viewing images and videos of executions, rape, and child abuse for $1.50 an hour."

To be fair, in the US we have a huge consumer base that actually pays to watch/ participate in simulated executions for hours on end.
I'm having trouble following...are facebook users creating this content and its having to be monitored by the 3rd world?

It seems to me that the data companies were using intentionally created graphic media for the analysts to filter, repeatedly.

I was referring to our culture's obsession with murder/sexual content being commercialized. Think Grand Theft Auto, the legalized sex entertainment industry.

The 3rd world guys are being exposed to it trying to feed their families. We're taking away from our own families to revel in it.

So what does artificial intelligence have to do with graphic content? I can't figure out how to make that connection. Thanks!

Maybe I'm obsessing at the moment, but I do think it is prudent to be aware of issues like this. Also, see here.

After watching a video by Matt Whitman looking to see what chat gpt's theology was, I tried to do something similar. It seems that, when you ask in a way that it gives a clear answer, you get the loudest positions (not necessarily majority). In the example of theology, I got mainstream Evangelical answers on most issues, but if you ask the right questions, it will tell you children are full members of the church and that there are seven sacraments.

So what does artificial intelligence have to do with graphic content? I can't figure out how to make that connection. Thanks!
Honestly I don't really know what they are doing. I thought using regular expressions(advanced search functions) and keywords/phrases would be adequate to detect harmful content. I have no idea why they would need people to continually review graphic content that is that specific.

Honestly I don't really know what they are doing. I thought using regular expressions(advanced search functions) and keywords/phrases would be adequate to detect harmful content. I have no idea why they would need people to continually review graphic content that is that specific.
Don’t know if this is linked. But there is a market for A.I chat bots that serve as companions with explicit language

A lot of people believe ChatGPT is going to "take over" this and that, but I'm of the opinion that it will not. The system has several flaws that will prevent it from being adopted in any serious capacity in its current iteration.
1. It doesn't have access to the current internet, just a snapshot of the internet, so it cannot respond in real time
2. It can be modified by accessing sub-routines which allow it to "role play" as a bot with different rule-sets, this will discourage companies from adopting it
3. It has a clear bias coded into it, which companies on all sides of the political spectrum recognize as a critical issue
4. Just like any piece of tech, it is coded by people, and since people cannot create intelligence, it will likely suffer the flaws of whoever created it

That being said, it serves as a prototype of what is likely going to come. It will likely be the case that a more mature version of this type of tech will start to replace antiquated systems and you will see AI being integrated with your phone and other smart devices.

News release March 15, 2023:

OpenAI has released GPT-4, the latest version of its hugely popular artificial intelligence chatbot ChatGPT.

...OpenAI said it had spent six months on safety features for GPT-4, and had trained it on human feedback. However it warned that it may still be prone to sharing disinformation.

...Like its predecessors, OpenAI has warned that GPT-4 is still not fully reliable and may "hallucinate" - a phenomenon where AI invents facts or makes reasoning errors.

News release March 15, 2023:

OpenAI has released GPT-4, the latest version of its hugely popular artificial intelligence chatbot ChatGPT.

...OpenAI said it had spent six months on safety features for GPT-4, and had trained it on human feedback. However it warned that it may still be prone to sharing disinformation.

...Like its predecessors, OpenAI has warned that GPT-4 is still not fully reliable and may "hallucinate" - a phenomenon where AI invents facts or makes reasoning errors.
All we need is a hippie Skynet.

However it warned that it may still be prone to sharing disinformation.

So...indistinguishable from a human? Does this mean it has passed the Turing Test?!

3. It has a clear bias coded into it, which companies on all sides of the political spectrum recognize as a critical issue
4. Just like any piece of tech, it is coded by people, and since people cannot create intelligence, it will likely suffer the flaws of whoever created it

I'm not quite so optimistic. There are plenty of small businesses and mega corporations alike that have demonstrated an eagerness to jump on any opportunity to support leftist social engineering.

I recently read an article outlining how the U.S. military is hoping to soon start applying OAI's technology in such areas as intelligence analysis and automated targeting for weapons. ...Yikes..!

Last edited:

The models have to be trained on large datasets. There's no such thing as 'unbiased'. For more information, Watanabe's ugly duckling theorem may be helpful. You have to give it enough right answers to a question that it can then guess an answer to a similar question with increasingly greater degrees of confidence. This is one of the reasons generative AI is very confidently wrong, and it takes someone who knows the right answer to know that an answer is wrong. So this is why third world workforces are being hired to help classify things for big companies like OpenAI.

Last edited by a moderator:
331536655_227608559724493_2489372504665185153_n.jpg

I mean anything can happen...but this gave me quite a chuckle. The English taken over by Scotland? Hahaha. Not to mention the Danes are now Yugoslavia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back