Charismania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared

Puritan Board Freshman
I have been noticing some positive trends. It seems like TBN is opening up to the gospel. In the past two or three years, TBN has featured Ed Stetzer, Francis Chan, and John MacArthur. Kirk Cameron hosts Praise The Lord from time to time. He was saved under John MacArthur's ministry as far as I understand. When Chan and MacArthur were on there, it was when Kirk Cameron was hosting Praise The Lord.

I'm just waiting for John Piper to be on.

I also found a video of James MacDonald on Praise The Lord with Kirk Cameron. Maybe God will use Kirk to bring reform to TBN.

Forget "Reform" for TBN, unless it's the kind of Reform that casts down idols and disciplines heretical teachers (hopefully to their restoration to sound doctrine), returns stolen money, and comes clean on all the public scandalous sins committed against unwitting desperate and ignorant people.
I hope that the Puritan Board never reaches that point.;)

Dump the heretics and put solid teaching on 24/7. The transmitters and satellites are not loyal to WoF heresies, just the current operators.

Dump the heretics and put solid teaching on 24/7. The transmitters and satellites are not loyal to WoF heresies, just the current operators.

Yeah, but sadly the biggest donators seem to be the ones in love with WoF. They get their ears itched and they send in fat checks so that they can continue to be fed the same heretical promises of health, wealth, and prosperity. Actually, many send in the money they should be spending on their bills/groceries/etc. because they believe that their "gift" will be returned a hundred fold. Those transmitters and satellites cost lots of money, and the folks who are willing to pay are only willing to do so if they believe there is a pay-out coming (and I mean a material payout). Not much different from the lines of poor folk at the lottery machine. What do we have to offer them? Just the truth, and, unfortunately, that's not what they want to hear.

Yeah, but sadly the biggest donators seem to be the ones in love with WoF. They get their ears itched and they send in fat checks so that they can continue to be fed the same heretical promises of health, wealth, and prosperity. Actually, many send in the money they should be spending on their bills/groceries/etc. because they believe that their "gift" will be returned a hundred fold. Those transmitters and satellites cost lots of money, and the folks who are willing to pay are only willing to do so if they believe there is a pay-out coming (and I mean a material payout). Not much different from the lines of poor folk at the lottery machine. What do we have to offer them? Just the truth, and, unfortunately, that's not what they want to hear.

I am unfortunately familiar with their "sow a seed" heresy. These predators manipulate people's greed to satisfy their own. It would be nice if Paul Crouch retired and some wealthy Reformed person wanted to try their hand at global communications. I'm sure a few pastors would allow their teaching to be broadcast to fill the schedule.

John MacArthur left TBN a year ot two back. GTY airs on Sundays on NRB channel. NRB has some good stuff if you have direct tv. Word Pictures with Mark Kielar (sp?) comes on there, as well as wretched with Todd Friel. I really would like to see Sproul do something for TV. Maybe we need to push for a Reformed channel...Call it "The Sola Network".

John MacArthur left TBN a year ot two back. GTY airs on Sundays on NRB channel. NRB has some good stuff if you have direct tv. Word Pictures with Mark Kielar (sp?) comes on there, as well as wretched with Todd Friel. I really would like to see Sproul do something for TV. Maybe we need to push for a Reformed channel...Call it "The Sola Network".

R.C. Sproul is on NRB as well. They have been showing his series on apologetics for at least a year if not longer.

I think that some reformed people are afraid of TV because of TBN.

I think that some reformed people are afraid of TV because of TBN.
I'm afraid of TV because of the little people living inside of them. And because it makes my tinfoil hat give off a strange glow. And those beans and rice commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back