Cell phone batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen L Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone had issues with their battery where it loses charge in less than a day? My i phone is only a few months old. Until recently it was performing well. Now the battery will last about 7-8 hours and has to be charged again!

Did you just recently update it? That could be the issue. Also, what precisely are your charging habits? In other words, when do you charge your phone normally? Do you leave it plugged in a lot? Do you let it drain to 0% often? Etc., etc.

If that's a smartphone and your getting 7-8 hours with much usage you're doing pretty well. You might check for recently installed apps since you've notice the battery performance decline.

Check to make sure you are closing out all the apps, not just minimizing them. You may find you have a dozen or so apps running in the background. And do you have WiFi on? Turning that off seemed to extend my battery life.

Check to make sure you are closing out all the apps, not just minimizing them. You may find you have a dozen or so apps running in the background.

Only close applications that 1) you don’t often use and/or 2) actively use location services. In actuality, closing out apps all the time actually causes the phone to use more battery power because re-opening the apps takes significantly more processing power than simply leaving them up.

Thanks all for the comments. Still not sure what is wrong so will take it to my local phone support shop sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back