Catholic Eschatology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
I am reading a book on Catholic eschataology (from a Catholic author) and I am surprised and how certain key features (of his outlook at least) track a dispensational futurist outlook. Examples include the belief of the coming of an Antichrist who is a single human who will be a political leader of a revived Roman Empire. I found it a little surprising and interesting.

Had the same experience when I read an Eastern Orthodox book on end times. Many of the features there likewise coincided with futurism.

The Catholic book includes discussions of private prophecies (like Fatima, etc.). Some are not in line with the one person theory. Here is one of the stranger ones, from Our Lady of Bogasamo: "The great persecutor of the Roman Catholic Church will not be one man but will be a mystical society, P.B., and, ye, voices in that society -- M.M., F.G., A.M. -- shall rise up in great calmuny against the Roman Catholic Church and shall say great things against her. This is a great mystery - let the listener understand." Anyone know what this is about?

Well, I know what PB stands for: Puritan Board. But we're not a mystical society.

None of them are GWB, so we don't have to worry about troops going over to Italy when they're done in Afganistan.

Originally posted by JohnV
Well, I know what PB stands for: Puritan Board. But we're not a mystical society.

So that explains why I haven't gotten the secret handshake yet. Now if only I can get the secret codes to see Blade's puppy!

:lol:

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back