Can Rick Warren change the world? FNC this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

govols

Puritan Board Junior
Just saw Rick Warren on Fox and he is having a special on Fox News on Sunday at 8:00. I think it was titled - Can Rick Warren save the world. I'd like to hear the answer from him on that one.

Supposedly he is having some world conference in Rwanda.

Originally posted by govols
Just saw Rick Warren on Fox and he is having a special on Fox News on Sunday at 8:00. I think it was titled - Can Rick Warren save the world. I'd like to hear the answer from him on that one.

Supposedly he is having some world conference in Rwanda.

Mercy on Rwanda!

:up:

from Philippians 1:15-16
Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will; the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice.

Not sure if he will change the world, but I wouldnt be surprised if he replaces Billy Graham as the "popular" Evangelical voice of America.

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Rick Warren is being interviewed on the FNC right now about the JonBenet Ramsey case. He is giving his take on theodicy. :banghead:

[Edited on 8-17-2006 by VirginiaHuguenot]

This is painful.

When asked about Karma, he said he didn't believe in it because "it doesn't provide much hope."

Err.. how about, because it is against the testimony of Scripture and that is Absolute Truth?

[Edited on 8-17-2006 by WrittenFromUtopia]

Rick Warren says Hitler must be destroyed, and there is no negotiating with Hitler. Didn't Hitler die already?
:cool:

:D I know! I know! Hitler is the beast and he's come back to life. Didn't you see the scar on his head???

war·ren (wôr'É™n, wÅr'-)
n.

An area where rabbits live in burrows.
A colony of rabbits. See synonyms at flock1.
An enclosure for small game animals.

An overcrowded living area.
OR.................
A mazelike place where one may easily become lost: a warren of narrow, dark alleys and side streets.

Originally posted by Puritanhead
By the way does anyone want my copy of A Purpose-Driven Life?

This is your PURITAN BOARD Tip 0' the day:

I keep getting copies given to me as gifts to change my life.

I put them on EBAY and sell them with no problem at all. IN LESS THAN 40 DAYS!

If anyone ever chides me for it I will tell them that I was purpose driven to do it.

Originally posted by Puritanhead
By the way does anyone want my copy of A Purpose-Driven Life?

Someone gave it to me for Christmass a few years ago, so I put it in the parking lot behind the back tire of my truck and did a burnout on it. The cover went flying about 50 yards, almost hit my friend in the face.

Could someone tell me what Rick Warren knows about the Ramsey case? I don't know which makes me angrier, his pontificating, or the media inviting it. This is a matter for courts and legal experts, not two-bit theologians!

What an eerie thing. This guy must be on a super duper media blitz. I just saw him on Charlie Rose. Doing some pontificating.

Get your very own <strike>corporate motivational speaker</strike> Christian minister of God.

Call Rick Warren now for more information: 1-800-PURPOSE

Originally posted by jaybird0827
Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
[My church uses this book for adult sunday school.

And have you found meaning and purpose in your life?

I don't attend that particular class. I go to the adult class that is using RC Sproul's From Dust to Glory as a guide.

I went through the Purpose Driven thing with my former church and small group several years ago before I even knew what a Calvinist was. It was during my days at a Willow Creek model church.

But the book is basically an elementary exposition of the WCF's "What is the chief end of man?"

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Rick Warren is giving his take on theodicy. :banghead:

[Edited on 8-17-2006 by VirginiaHuguenot]

Andrew,

You keyboard spelled idiocy incorrectly.

But the book is basically an elementary exposition of the WCF's "What is the chief end of man?"

:eek: Kidding, right?

Well, it would have to be LBCF...Warren is Baptist....:D

Originally posted by Ivan

:eek: Kidding, right?

Well, it would have to be LBCF...Warren is Baptist....:D

No I am not kidding. The whole purpose of man is to glorify God in everything. That is Warren's thesis.

The way he carelessly handles scripture is a problem, as well as some other areas scattered throughout the book. But overall, it is a 40 day devotional focused question one of the catechisms. He is "œrevolutionizing" people's worlds by expounding on what reformed churched children learn at a very young age. The fact that this book has such wide acclaim shows how inadequate the teachings are in most churches and how desperate people are for anything of substance and clarity.

Somehow I fail to see the appeal in a book that is so wildly popular at "changing people's lives" when it is 1. Not the Bible, and 2. Not Biblical. You can call it what you want, but Warren's presuppositional basis (if you study him and his career/education) is completely pagan. Anyone can quote verses (albeit out of context and not the entire verse often, from multiple translations to fit his thesis), but that doesn't make one Biblical.

The fact that this book has such wide acclaim shows how inadequate the teachings are in most churches and how desperate people are for anything of substance and clarity.

I'll agree with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back