Calvin's Commentaries 2009 special edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grace Alone

Puritan Board Senior
It appears that Baker Books is reprinting Calvin's Commentaries in 2009:

Special Collector's edition. This set will contain the 22 commentary volumes plus the Beveridge edition of Calvin's Institutes. Each volume will include a 500-year logo/emblem to celebrate the 500th anniversary of John Calvin's birth.

So those who missed out on the CBD version can still look forward to these from Amazon at $122 (pre-order price) and FREE shipping!

Amazon.com: Calvin's Commentaries: John, Calvin: Books

Click on the top link that says Amazon.com...not sure why it appears like that!

thanks for the info! do you know if the commentary will be the same as the current version?

on side note, i clicked on the amazon (thumbnails) link my mistake and couldn't find it on the amazon.com site on my own. but i figured out i was clicking on the wrong link. beforehand, though, i went to google and searched for "john calvin commentaries 2009" and the top link was this puritanboard thread. that was a little scary. does google somehow know that i look at puritanboard on this computer or is puritanboard high on its list of searches?

Knowing Baker (I used to work for them), it is the same set wrapped with a different cover.

Can anyone say marketing ploy?

I would imagine it is the same. Maybe it'll have a different cover or something! I was just glad to see they are holding down the price. The old set is $179 at Monergism and CBD quickly sold out of their $99 specials. I was really posting because some people might be disappointed that CBD sold out, but the newer printing won't cost much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back