Calvinism and Arminianism HARMONIZED???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband keeps telling me that we can't even imagine right now what the next kooky thing to come along will be. He is right.

My husband keeps telling me that we can't even imagine right now what the next kooky thing to come along will be. He is right.

John Kelly is back in charge of the ICA. I lay odds it will come out of one of their "summits".

Okay, a lot of that was confusing. The spirit/soul thing was just wierd. But I think I took in enough of it to be bothered. The complete disconnect between justification and sanctification is troubling. Think of those poor believers who're being told that once they're saved, living the Christian life is all up to their own willpower.

Seemed to remind me of the doctrine of the saved but "carnal" Christian, just with new terminology. Anyone else here get the same impression?

It isn't a "devastating doctrine." It's just irrelevant. The problem with Arminian theology is not that it takes into account the reality of free will (violence is not offered to the will of the creature, nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established), but that it is a system which denies the existence of an overarching divine decree. The Reformed view, on the other hand, sees in Scripture and in life both realities.

That whatnot was hamhandedly done. Or somesuch. Rather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back