Cage Stage Calvinist Biting Incident (Parody)

Discussion in 'Calvinism & The Doctrines of Grace' started by DMcFadden, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMcFadden

DMcFadden Puritan Board Doctor

2. NoutheticCounselor

NoutheticCounselor Puritan Board Freshman

Loved it - especially the part about John Owen!

3. posttenebraslux83

posttenebraslux83 Puritan Board Freshman

Hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. lynnie

lynnie Puritan Board Graduate

Lol

5. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Graduate

Hilarious!

6. Tom Hart

Tom Hart Puritan Board Junior

My wife's wondering why I'm laughing aloud...

7. StephenG

StephenG Puritan Board Freshman

"A shadowy group of figures know as the 'Westminster Divines.'" Hilarious! :westminster:

8. SolaScriptura

SolaScriptura Puritan Board Doctor

Hilarious!

Yet I wonder why the emphasis on "cage stage Calvinists?" It has been my observation that few people spout vitriol and look to pick a fight more than... Arminians. How come there isn't a humorous take on them?

9. Bill The Baptist

Bill The Baptist Puritan Board Graduate

Perhaps because it is not merely a stage with Arminians.

10. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable

Indeed, Ben.

Someone needs to write up an Arminian parody and submit to the site. Here are some starter images:

Arminian CPR on Skeleton.jpg

Servetus Calvin Debate.jpg

11. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Graduate

Amen!
    I have seen far more Arminians in a cage stage that never leave that stage.

12. StephenG

StephenG Puritan Board Freshman

13. DMcFadden

DMcFadden Puritan Board Doctor

Probably because Arminianism is the default religious position. Few people convert TO it. They have lived with the semi-Pelagian assumptions their whole religious lives. On the other hand, those who come to Calvinism typically leave Arminianism, often with shock that they actually believed it. They often become somewhat "agitated" about the mind-numbing presuppositions that so many of their fellows embrace without reflection.

14. C. M. Sheffield

C. M. Sheffield Puritan Board Junior

This caused me to laugh... audibly.

15. MW

MW Puritan Board Doctor

It is a good example of how to call someone a dog without using the word dog. At the reformation they just came straight out with the term. I guess now people have to find polite and subtle ways of showing their disapproval.

16. earl40

earl40 Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Indeed I wonder myself if this site would have been posted during the start of the reformation in at least the pope back than called Luther a wild boar up front. As I grow older I have noticed my humor at such important religious matters is lessening especially when it directed toward the sheep instead of the false shepherds.

17. Philip

Philip Puritan Board Graduate

Anyone who moves from one position to another, but particularly a young man, is usually tempted to be confrontational with members of their old group or others who do not share their new belief. Examples can be observed not only among young Calvinists but also among converts to Catholicism (Hahn, Scott), Eastern Orthodoxy, even, ironically, Anglicanism ("Angricans"). It's just that in the Evangelical world, Calvinists are often the most prominent.

18. MW

MW Puritan Board Doctor

That's a good sign, Earl. If something is funny it's funny. A bit of innocent humour can be good. But humour can have a depreciating and neutralising effect. Manufactured humour for the sake of impressing a sociological value enters onto the stage of polemics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.