By Grace Through Atheism!?!?!? The Antinomianism of Zane Hodges

Discussion in 'Calvinism & The Doctrines of Grace' started by Puritanhead, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turmeric

turmeric Megerator

:up: Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt!

[Edited on 8-26-2006 by turmeric]

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Puritan Board Doctor

See here and here for starters. Stanley in his book Eternal Security says that the "outer darkness" is not hell, but loss of rewards, a temporary loss of rank in God's kingdom. In other words, a sort of Protestant purgatory.

3. Pilgrim

To be fair, not all of the dispensationalists use public invitations and other similar methods. I think Chafer actually wrote against it. But there's no doubt that the combination of the two has been rather widespread.

4. Pilgrim

I remember reading some excellent articles on the origins and development of the DTS view of sanctification in the Detroit Baptist Seminary Journal.

5. turmeric

turmeric Megerator

I liked that article about the disjunction between justification and sanctification...used it in a paper I wrote on church history.

6. Puritanhead

Puritanhead Puritan Board Professor

If this is the case, then I stand corrected, because I don't acquiesce with such statements.

7. Puritanhead

Paul was an antinomian... Here is an ironic headline, by one of the free gracers who has replied to me contemptuously.

8. Puritanhead

Non-Lordship theologians are the intellectual heirs of the Nicolaitanes condemned in the book of Revelation (Rev. 2:6).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.