Bummed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformingstudent

Puritan Board Junior
Recently I had another run in with a person who some how makes a habit of going into what ever discussion board I happen to be in and spread lies and half truths about me.
To make a long and tedious story as short as I can, this person makes innuendos about me, than tries to gain support when confronted and tries to play innocent victim, knowing full well that she has started all of this herself. Every time I try to defend my self, I come across like I'm doing wrong when all I wish to do is set the record straight. How do you handle someone like this?
This person is very manipulative and deceptive. I have had problems with this same person once before even though I tried to put it behind and move on, but she still wants to cause trouble for me. I made mention in another board whether or not someone could truly be saved and act like this person does, un-forgiving, un-merciful and deceitful. I used no names, but somehow she found my post, came in and started making trouble again as she does every where I have seen. I did not use her name or say any thing about her to anyone else, yet she still accuses me of attacking her. I did not invite her to the forum nor did I even give anyone the impression who I was speaking of. I had doubts of the sincerity of her salvation and just wanted to see what others may have though.
It was my opinion that someone can have a lot of knowledge about God and know a lot of theology and at the same time be truly lost as I thought this person might be. I know that it's not my place to judge anyone, but at the same time I wanted to know if it was possible for my own sake if a person could be self deceived. I forgive this person and have no grudge, but she keeps trying to cause me grief every where I go. I have thought of leaving all boards, I just left one today because she came there to stir up trouble. I don't know why she can't let things die, but apparently she likes the attention. any ideas as to what to do?
This person can't be reasoned with, I have tried. she likes to cause trouble and than play victim. Her friends will not rebuke her or chide her for her sins and when any one does try to correct her they become her enemy. She does not take correction well. Would it be wrong to say that I have doubts about this person being a true follower of Christ? again, it's not my place to judge but are we not suppose to see some fruit of the Spirit in a persons life who claims to know Him? all
I keep hearing is don't judge. If that is the case than what of the JW's and Mormoms? They are good moral decent people who claim to be saved. Do we take their word as well? see what I mean?

:(

We are called to judge. The challenge to "not judge" is a lie of the devil. "We are to test all things.........". If we judge each other, we will not be judged. judgment begins at the house of the Lord.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Scott Bushey]

There will probably be many people with the right theology and orthodoxy at the judgment Throne because they have no love for their neighbor.

Maybe you can send a U2U to the moderators of this board w/more info so they can deal with her if she turns up here. I promise not to believe rumors about anyone here unless they come from a reliable source, like:bisou: here. By the way, how does one add the new smilies to a message? I clicked on Show All Smilies but they wouldn't come into my message. I wanted the "thumbs up" one. I tried dragging it and it went into my title, not my message.

I agree with Scott, we are called to judge one another...

Along the same vein, is the command "judge not", or is it saying: in the manner you judge so you will be judged. Therefore, if you don't want to be judged, than judge not.

"Judge not [i:4ea1a79057]lest[/i:4ea1a79057] ye be judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you." Matt. 7:1-2

[quote:6a8c083c3f][i:6a8c083c3f]Originally posted by ChristianasJourney[/i:6a8c083c3f]
I agree with Scott, we are called to judge one another...

Along the same vein, is the command "judge not", or is it saying: in the manner you judge so you will be judged. Therefore, if you don't want to be judged, than judge not.

"Judge not [i:6a8c083c3f]lest[/i:6a8c083c3f] ye be judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you." Matt. 7:1-2 [/quote:6a8c083c3f]

I agree also. Apparently though, the person in general knew I was judging her and I had to make amends. Not to take away from my apology but I never used this person's name in any of my posts and neither did I call attention to her or her group. As far as anyone else was concerned, my question concerning a unrepentant believer could have been anyone.
What she took from the message I posted was between her and her conscience. I made my peace and am content.

God
bless

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back