Border control advice for Mr Trump from the Emerald Isle

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Humor' started by Stephen L Smith, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen L Smith

Stephen L Smith Moderator

2. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

@Stephen L Smith

I have no idea what you are talking about. Facebook requires a login, and I have nothing to do with that evil. (Yes, I understand it is endorsed by the management of this board). The headline talks about "boarders" but the text
    In any event, I note that the EU is calling for a hard border between the Republic and Ulster. But that doesn't match either of the spellings used in the original post.

3. KMK

KMK Administrator Staff Member

4. Jeri Tanner

Jeri Tanner Moderator Staff Member

Tough crowd, Stephen. :)

5. Stephen L Smith

I apologise for the confusion. I assumed most people on the board use Facebook. I mainly use Facebook to get information from esteemed ministries such as Ligonier ministries, Puritan Publications, Banner of Truth and Reformation Heritage Books.

The link showed a photo of an Irish Donkey 'investigating' a car at the Irish border. The suggestion was made that Mr Trump could learn from the Irish that there are inexpensive ways to achieve border control :)

6. VictorBravo

VictorBravo Administrator Staff Member

Huh? Not only do I not use Facebook, but somehow I've managed to get them to consider me a nonperson.

Long story involving a mentally ill client who signed up with my email address. I'm pleased with the end result because everything associated with that email is now considered worse than a Russian spammer. I'm banished to outer darkness as far as the Faceborg is concerned.

7. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable

Not to mention the profanity that appears on the linked page.

8. Stephen L Smith

I aim to be sensitive to this. I abhor profanity myself.

I am quite certain there was NO profanity on the actual link I provided. I became aware of it when an Irish Reformed Baptist pastor friend posted it on Facebook.

9. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

Two facebook links on this page alone. A facebook tracker embedded in each page.

10. VictorBravo

VictorBravo Administrator Staff Member

Right. In my case it is grudging toleration, not endorsement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.