Books on family worship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anxious inquirer

Inactive User
Dear readers

I am particularly interested in books about family worship as the puritans taught.

I have the book of Oliver Heywood (Family altar). Who has other titles of the puritans?

With kind regards,

This is not a book, but provides the direction of the Westminster Assembly on Family Worship. This is a document suborndinate to the Westminster Confession of Faith:

Directory for Family Worship (1647 and modernised)

http://epcew.org.uk/dfw/

Scott

family worship

Dear all,

This is a link to the church pastored by Joel Beeke. He has written, amongst many articles and books, this helpful booklet on family worship.

http://www.hnrc.org/gr/Articles/articles.html

It is somewhere at the bottom of the webpage, but do look through' the rest.

Sincerely,
Jenson

Dear Anxious Inquirer,

I know that John Angel James wrote quite some books on the family,... I dont know if he wrote some on family worship but if he did then it is definately worthwile buying it!!!

Jeroen

PS Soli Deo Gloria published some of his books

www.4familyreformation.com has several resources for family worship from a puritan perspective.

Here are some quotes from their site:

[begin quote]
IF thou be called to the government of a family, thou must not hold it sufficient to serve God and live uprightly in thy own person, unless thou cause all under thy charge to do the same with thee.
Lewis Bayly-The Practice of Piety

All agree that masters of families who profess religion, and the fear of God themselves, should, according to the talents they are intrusted with, maintain and keep up religion and the fear of God in their families, 'as those that must give account....
Matthew Henry-A Church in the House

A godly man promotes religion in his family; he sets up piety in his house as well as in his heart.... A godly man's house is a little church.... A good man makes known the oracles of God to those who are under his roof. He reads the Word and perfumes his house with prayer.
Thomas Watson-A Godly Man's Picture

Welcome to For Family Reformation-publishers of add-on modules for the Theophilos Bible software program. In addition to the Theophilos downloads, there is a growing collection of online articles by Puritan and reformed authors such as Stephen Charnock, Richard Baxter, Robert Bolton, Thomas Boston, Thomas Brooks, Jonathan Edwards, J. C. Ryle, and Lewis Bayly.
[end quote]

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back