Book on the duties of husbands

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckd

Puritan Board Junior
I was looking for a good Puritan or generally classic, Reformed book on the duties of husbands. I recently read Ryle's Duties of Parents and found it edifying. It doesn't have to be as simple as Ryle's writing, only that it has more than an hour of thought put into it like most of today's literature.

William Gouge's Of Domestical Duties thoroughly covers the husband's duties and a lot more.

I would recommend Domestical Duties by William Gouge as well. It's a very comprehensive work on the roles and relations of family members and their duties to one another.

Thanks for the responses. I live overseas and do not have access to a lot of book resources. Is there an electronic copy somewhere? I have a Kindle, but it seems Amazon does not have a copy. I purchased the PDF from puritandownloads.com, but it is basically a scanned copy of the original and very difficult to read. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

For those interested, I published this work for Kindle with several active tables of contents and in modern English. It is available here.

Thanks, Chuck. I'm always interested in books like this but don't want to buy the scanned copies that don't resolve well on Kindle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back