Book Giveaway! [The Marrow of Modern Divinity]

Discussion in 'The Literary Forum' started by ReadBavinck, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReadBavinck

ReadBavinck Puritan Board Freshman

The Marrow of Modern Divinity has come up often on the PB. Now is your chance to own it for free.

The giveaway is helping to kickoff the The Marrow Project. During 2011, we at at themarrow.org, will be blogging through this important book and want you to read along with us. So hop on over, download a free reading plan, and enter the giveaway.

Cheers!

2. sastark

sastark Puritan Board Graduate

I entered. I also look forward to reading your blog from now on!

3. jawyman

jawyman Puritan Board Junior

Hey Chris, thank you for the blog. I downloaded the reading-plan and entered the give-away. I look forward to reading your blog.

4. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Thanks! Looks good.

5. Michael Doyle

Michael Doyle Puritan Board Junior

Can the book be found in kindle format yet? I entered and hope sincerely to be able to follow along.

6. Christopher88

Christopher88 Puritan Board Sophomore

Looking forward to the blog.

7. ReadBavinck

Tomorrow is the last day to enter for your chance to win a free copy of The Marrow of Modern Divinity!

8. Parker234

Parker234 Puritan Board Freshman

Michael, I have been working on a Kindle version of The Marrow. It is very difficult, however, because I've been removing the notes, taking them to the end of the book, and linking the endnotes back to the main text. It keeps Boston's somewhat laborious notes out of the main reading, and it will be a great copy, but it is taking me a very long time. Another month or so, and I should have it submitted to Amazon for approval. Unless someone else is further along on a similar project...

9. Michael Doyle

Michael Doyle Puritan Board Junior

Thank you Adam, that is exciting news and I most assuredly appreciate your labors friend.

10. ac7k

ac7k Puritan Board Freshman

Do you just "Like" it to enter? I looked and didn't see any entry form.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Nevermind, I went back to the original post and saw how to post the comment... please forgive me for my haste and lack of more than one cup of coffee... ;)

11. ReadBavinck

To enter you need to subscribe to the blog: you can do that by clicking here and then either signing up for email updates or adding it to your rss reader by clicking the appropriate buttons. You also need to post a comment to the post, look at the very bottom of the post for that.

12. Prudence

Prudence Puritan Board Freshman

Thanks for the post (always ready to win a good book) :D

13. ReadBavinck

One hour left . . .

14. ReadBavinck

15. baron

baron Puritan Board Graduate

You can find the book for Kindle for free at this site:
    Internet Archive Search: The Marrow of Modern Divinity

Seem's like there are seven I can not say anything about them. I went with the one with most downloads and Gospel truth by John Brown. Will start reading it tomorrow at the doctors.
    Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.