Bob Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herald

Administrator
Staff member
Oops. I meant to say "Pop Culture."

You know brother Bob Vigneault has made the big time when the Simpson's make him into a cartoon. Folks, we are eyewitnesses to a cultural phenomena. The day is not far off when we are going to be able to say, "I knew Bob when he was only slightly white-haired and was only a Puritan Board freshman."

BobSimp.jpg

I don't know Bill. I just feel the Simpson avatar makes me look cocky. I'm going back to a photo; I'm choosing dweeb over cocky. The Simpsons wouldn't have me, DOH!

You must admit that many times our avatars will clash with a point we are trying to make in a post. When I AM trying to be serious I lose a bit of credibility if my image looks like a Simpson character. You 'cannon-balling' into a pool works for this thread but there are some that it wouldn't work as well. We need some feature where by we can change our avatar to fit the post. Come on Rich, give us everything we want.

Bob - I suppose you're right. But for those of us who are regulars on the PB we've become pretty familiar with each other. I believe we understand the avatars and they don't add or detract to our posts. But, as your other thread so eloquently stated, we don't exist in a vacuum. There is little to no anonymity on the net. I'm sure a comical avatar may not be completely understood given the nature of this board. So now I must repent!

OKay. I've changed my avatar to make me look more presentable. But inside I'm still doing the cannon ball. You can take the baptism out of the boy but not the boy out of the baptism....or something like that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back