Blood Moons

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammondjones

Puritan Board Junior
I'm not sure how much higher the Rapture Index can go before they have to rescale it, but we are about to experience some Blood Moons - a sure sign....

Pastor Hagee: Blood moons point to 'world-shaking event' - San Antonio Express-News

“The first of the four blood moons will come on April 15 this year, during Passover. The second will be on October 8, at the time of the Feast of the Tabernacles,” Hagee said, according to the Daily Express in London. “On April 4, 2015, during Passover, we will have another blood moon. Then finally, on September 28, during next year's Feast of the Tabernacles, the fourth blood and final moon will dawn.”

Hagee said to “have them fall on these exact dates is something that has to be beyond coincidental,” according to the Daily Express.

It falls on these dates for what time zones?

If it falls on the "Feast of Tabernacles" in the US it would already be the next day in Israel :)

not to mention that it won't even be visible in Israel....I'm hoping this weather clears out in time to see it tonight

Incidentally, we're expecting to deliver any minute now, so maybe our daughter will be born during the blood moon!

Blood Moon Fever.

The latest Dispensational fad.

At our home church back in FL, there is a ladies' Bible study on the blood moons. My mother-in-law (who is Calvinistic, and very sound in the Scriptures) is in a different study group, working on some other subject, but said that lately their discussions regularly get sidetracked by a couple of the blood moons ladies (who also attend her study group). She grits her teeth and curls her toes because the ladies won't abide a dissenting voice...very sad.

Does anyone have a concise Reformed overview article on the blood moons that I could give her to share with those ladies? I spent a little while looking for one today, but wasn't successful.

Thanks, y'all.

I think this blood moon thing was relatively recently got under way by a particular American preacher/teacher who noticed a pattern of blood moons down the centuries.

I was told about the blood moons about a year ago by someone who has been influenced by dispensationalism. He mentioned someone, maybe a Messianic Jew (?), who had "discovered" some kind of pattern.

Maybe a google search will find the source of this nonsense.

Since the Cold War ended the standard pattern of Dispensational "newspaper exegesis" that had been establshed for a number of decades, e.g. that Russia is Gog, etc, has unravelled somewhat.

The blood moon theory can breathe new life into the edge-of-the-seat, any-time-now, Dispensational approach, while launching it into the realm of astronomy, beyond the failed geopolitical predictions of the last 60 or so years.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

By September 28 we'll know if Great Britain has been finally wrecked by the Scottish National Party.

It seems unlikely that they'll get the majority they need; but you never know.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

I was told about the blood moons about a year ago by someone who has been influenced by dispensationalism. He mentioned someone, maybe a Messianic Jew (?), who had "discovered" some kind of pattern.
Well considering the Jews work on a lunar calendar....

I'm not sure how much higher the Rapture Index can go before they have to rescale it, but we are about to experience some Blood Moons - a sure sign....

Pastor Hagee: Blood moons point to 'world-shaking event' - San Antonio Express-News

“The first of the four blood moons will come on April 15 this year, during Passover. The second will be on October 8, at the time of the Feast of the Tabernacles,” Hagee said, according to the Daily Express in London. “On April 4, 2015, during Passover, we will have another blood moon. Then finally, on September 28, during next year's Feast of the Tabernacles, the fourth blood and final moon will dawn.”

Hagee said to “have them fall on these exact dates is something that has to be beyond coincidental,” according to the Daily Express.

As a tax accountant I can agree with John Hagee on one thing: April 15 is a significant day.

That's about where our agreement ends.

I first heard of this a couple years ago. I think the source is a pastor named Biltz (not blitz).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I posted a couple of months ago the Antikythera Mechanism was apparently designed by Archimedes to calculate the dates for red and black eclipses of the moon, circa 100BC! So blood moons are not a sure sign. I will be heaving a sigh of relief as each one passes though. I wonder if a blood moon seen from anywhere is intended?

I found this clip to be helpful in a similar situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--kA2-5z2zI

Cheers,
Matt

just watched the video, he quite easily debunks this blood moon theory, it seems Hagees dispensationalism is what allows
these things to have any sort of credence, there's no bad moon rising, though he'll surely get to sell some books $$$.

while I'm on the topic it seems that even the guy on the video makes the fundamental mistake of interpreting the Biblical
prophecies that he quotes LITERALLY, which is what sort of led to the error to begin with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back