Blasphemy of the H.S. and apostasy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the replies on this thread have been very useful --THANKS!
But I've been getting private messages about this thread from some guy who believes that Arminians are NOT and cannot be Christians...
Here's the short conversation that I've been having...

"I read your post on blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
2 things i'd like to say.
1) Franklin Graham is an arminian, he was NOT brought up in a christian home, he does not abide in the doctrine of Christ, his Dad is an enemy of the truth.
2) see this long article written by a man about this issue.
here is the link.
http://www.godsonlygospel.com/Blasph...%20Spirit2.htm"

I responded:

"So only people who grow up in Calvinist homes can commit the unpardonable sin??? Franklin Graham was told that Jesus was/is the ONLY way of salvation ... why couldn't he have rejected Christ (which he did) and harden his heart against the gospel (which he did)?
I'll have to read the article later; it seems to deal more with charismatics/Pentecostals and their particular view of the 'sin.'"

and the last response that I got is this:

"Hi Matthew.
Franklin Graham was brought up to believe in a false Christ who was begging for him to make that decision.
Franklin Graham believes he's saved (he's not regenerate) because he accepted the beggar god who shed his blood equally for those in hell as he did for those in heaven and apparently loves those in hell as
much as he loves those in heaven.
Both Franklin Graham and his dad preach salvation by works, that is - salvation not conditioned on the blood and righteousness of Christ alone but on the free will choice of the sinner.
If you believe you worship the same God and believe in the same Jesus as Billy and Franklin Graham then you are a lost man. an idolater."

What do you do with the MAJORITY of popular Reformed pastors today? Most of them have come from some sort of Dispensational, non-Calvinistic background? What of R.C. Sproul, Ken Gentry, Gene Cook Jr., James White, on and on...? Many solidly Reformed guys today would believe they were saved BEFORE they became convinced of "Calvinism"

(Please note: I'm NOT saying that ALL Arminians are Christians --many are not-- just like I'm NOT saying that ALL Calvinists are Christians --many aren't)

ANY THOUGHTS?

According to this dude one must have a perfect understanding of Calvinism to possibly be saved. It sounds like salvation by works to me. Is there anyone here that had a perfect understanding of the doctrines of grace when they believed? Is there anyone here who knew everthing perfectly when they were saved and had no need to grow in grace and knowledge?
If I were you I'd block this dudes e-mails. In the words of Barney Fife, when he was speaking to Andy about Earnest T. Bass, he said: HE'S A NUT.

Ya, I agree, he's pretty 'nutty' ...
it's sad to think he's on P.B. though ...
I got another private message from him ...

"Hi Matthew.
you are correct about Gene Cook, R.C Sproul and James White, they believe they were gospel believers along time before they became "calvinists".
They also believe that arminians are true gospel believers.
They also believe that they believe the SAME gospel as arminians.
These men are false prophets."

There was much more, but I didn't feel like posting it all.
So much for Reformed teachers huh?
What do you think?
:think:

Last edited:
I came across this quote on a friends "facebook" site ...
"I hold that many are saved who do not believe in effectual calling ...
We do hope the hearts of many are a great deal better than their heads."
- C. H. Spurgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back