Better way to find and contact "active duty" Admins and Mods....

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
Today I posted a thread asking for a Mod or Admin, I know better, forgive me. However, the new lay-out is great, but, it would be nice to know which Mods and Admins are on duty if something comes up. When I did my post....I looked in the Home and who's online it did not show that some of the "leaders" were here....not saying a Mod or Admin cannot pop in in stealth and not be bothered, I just think it would be good if some "on duty" PB Mod/Admins were in highlight on the Home Page, like I say, I respect if a PB leader is in own his own "dime" no problem...it just should be easier to know. :2cents: Submitted With Respect.

Hey Max,

This is very easy to do...

• First start a thread anywhere titled My Credo: Why I hold to Federal Vision.
  • Then post your unrelated question.
  • Voila! Every mod on duty at your service!
No need to thank me after.

P.S. Federal Vision is heresy.

:lol: That might work. The only problem is they might think he was commenting on some article with that name. This would work, though: "The Puritanboard Admins and Mods are Federal Visionists!"

I just think it would be good if some "on duty" PB Mod/Admins were in highlight on the Home Page, . . . .

Max, the mods are highlighted (in bold) on the home page:

pbscreenshot.JPG

If we are not online, it is likely we aren't available. Even when we are online we aren't always available. I can have PB open all day and not look at it but maybe once every couple of hours if I'm busy. I'm sure the same goes for everyone else.

Generally speaking, there are few emergencies that can't wait for routine scanning and review by the moderators.

I just think it would be good if some "on duty" PB Mod/Admins were in highlight on the Home Page, . . . .

Max, the mods are highlighted (in bold) on the home page:

pbscreenshot.JPG

If we are not online, it is likely we aren't available. Even when we are online we aren't always available. I can have PB open all day and not look at it but maybe once every couple of hours if I'm busy. I'm sure the same goes for everyone else.

Generally speaking, there are few emergencies that can't wait for routine scanning and review by the moderators.
Vic....not in the color I am using....odd...OK I looked in BLUE HAZE....I looked at you and you "ain't" highlighted my friend. Look I did not say or assume you were here all day! I simply meant IF needed to facilitate who might be active. I did not mean to offend you my friend. I mean, this is only a suggestion box. if my suggestion is garbage then we need not worry about it. Pax Est Bonum.

I'm using Firefox and the mods and admins are not highlighted. I can see from Vic's screen shot that he's using Explorer. That might account for the difference.
vBulletin 4.0 just isn't enabled (yet?) to show up correctly in Firefox.

I'm using Firefox and the mods and admins are not highlighted. I can see from Vic's screen shot that he's using Explorer. That might account for the difference.
vBulletin 4.0 just isn't enabled (yet?) to show up correctly in Firefox.
Does not show in Safari...:wow:

Keep in mind (if I even need to say it) that we just migrated to the newest version of the software that the ole PB runs on.
Inevitably it will take a bit of time to work out all the bugs.

But thanks for finding this one!

I've also noticed (at least in FF) that no matter what skin you're using, when you go to "Home" it will be in the vB4 Default Style which cannot be changed. Strange.

And Wayne, you're distinguished in my book, if not my browser. :D

Well, all the feedback provides us more information. Echoing Wayne, the migration is a work in progress, and Rich is doing all the work by himself. (If the rest of us tried to change things we'd probably introduce conflicts.) It's a huge undertaking that needs incremental adjustments.

It is interesting how Firefox and Safari still render things differently. I'm sure those kinks will be worked out in due course. It's something I wasn't aware of.

And, Max, no--I was not offended in the least. I brought up our availability issue for general explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back