Best Reformed Bible Dictionaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolusChristus1646

Puritan Board Freshman
Happy Lord's Day. I've seen a thread on here that is already closed dealing with reformed Bible Dictionaries but it didn't seem to give a clear-cut answer as to which maybe the top three Reformed Bible dictionaries are. Looking for some insight on this if anyone knows which ones are best. Thanks!

Happy Lord's Day. I've seen a thread on here that is already closed dealing with reformed Bible Dictionaries but it didn't seem to give a clear-cut answer as to which maybe the top three Reformed Bible dictionaries are. Looking for some insight on this if anyone knows which ones are best. Thanks!

in my opinion:

New Dictionary of Theology (David F. Wright, Sinclair B. Ferguson)
Westminster Dictionary of Theological Terms (Donald K. McKim)
Dictionary of the Presbyterian and Reformed Tradition in America (D. G. Hart, Mark A. Noll)

in my opinion:

New Dictionary of Theology (David F. Wright, Sinclair B. Ferguson)
Westminster Dictionary of Theological Terms (Donald K. McKim)
Dictionary of the Presbyterian and Reformed Tradition in America (D. G. Hart, Mark A. Noll)
Thank you Paul! I was having trouble finding a concise answer anywhere online.

Any other Bible Dictionary recommendations from a Reformed perspective? The ones listed above seem excellent, although after previewing they seem more theologically oriented than Bible oriented.

Any other Bible Dictionary recommendations from a Reformed perspective? The ones listed above seem excellent, although after previewing they seem more theologically oriented than Bible oriented.

Right, in retrospect I don't think I answered the question you actually posed, sorry about that.

I'm not aware of any Reformed Bible dictionaries. I doubt there'd be a market for such a book, especially when there are plenty of other more generic Bible dictionaries floating around.

Patrick Fairbairn's Imperial Bible Dictionary.
The Dictionary of Biblical Imagery is somewhat specialized but overall quite useful, and at least many contributors are Reformedish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back