Best Philosophy Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are the best overall philosophy websites? I have, for the following:

Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy

The Radical Academy
Morris Institute for Human Values (fluffy, but useful)

The Schaff-Herzog and 1911 EB are a must, if biased toward rationalism.

:up: I really like the Radical Academy's historical overviews but the ads on that site are excessive.
I also like Morris. I enjoyed his books Philosophy for Dummies and The Stoic Art of Living , but much like his website, a lot of fluff, little substance, and the feeling of popular self-help mush. Also, I think some of his website is restricted to paying subscribers (what a Sophist;)).

Looks like the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy requires a subscription now. That Athenaeum Library of Philosophy is awesome.

Looks like the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy requires a subscription now. That Athenaeum Library of Philosophy is awesome.

most do... it's still good.

some are free, though:

Free will : Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy Online

(thought you'd like that one ;) )

Ha! It couldn't have been more than 3 days ago that I read through that free will article. It was linked from the philosophy of religion book you edited on here.

btw, did you read my instructors comments on that paper I wrote against sophism? Insane huh.

btw, did you read my instructors comments on that paper I wrote against sophism? Insane huh.

don't know why he called you "dude" when critiquing your paper.

i think he had an axe to grind and got emotionally involved in grading you.

lastly, i thought it was ripe when he constantly critiqued your appeal to "logic" and then gave you a 3.3 after complementing you on your clear writing and provacative essay, but then said your "*reasoning* was off."

It's like, dude, if you have a problem with "logic" then don't lower my grade because you thought my "logic" was off!

don't know why he called you "dude" when critiquing your paper.
Yeah I thought the dude comment was wierd.

i think he had an axe to grind and got emotionally involved in grading you.

lastly, i thought it was ripe when he constantly critiqued your appeal to "logic" and then gave you a 3.3 after complementing you on your clear writing and provacative essay, but then said your "*reasoning* was off."

It's like, dude, if you have a problem with "logic" then don't lower my grade because you thought my "logic" was off!
This guy is all about postmodernism, talking about how language distorts everything, and how modern man keeps seeking Truth with a capital T. I'm sure my paper hit a nerve haha. He definitely had an axe to grind. I wouldn't care so much if he would have given me a 4.0. Anyway, that's life. The class is outside of the philosophy department, so I guess I shouldn't expect anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back