Best iPhone apps for Reformed confessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim

Puritanboard Commissioner
When I had an Android several years ago, I had one or two helpful apps that I could use at church for quick reference when looking up things like the Confessions and creeds. I want to say that one of them was by WSCAL but it has been several years and I can't remember for sure. That might have been as far back as 5-6 years ago. The WSCAL app that I can download now doesn't really have a resemblance to what I'm remembering. I can't find anything similar for iPhone that doesn't require jumping through a bunch of hoops to get to the confessions, or interminable scrolling, so I was wanting to know if there was something that I have overlooked.

I was looking again yesterday, and there is a module or whatever for Olive Tree that seems to be more user-friendly than the Reformed apps on there that have the confessions. At least it doesn't require as much scrolling as the others. But what I'm remembering (unless I'm misremembering) was easier than that. I think maybe it had links to click for Questions 1-25 and so on instead of having to scroll until you get to Q.100.

Someone else on here pointed me to Creeds and Confessions, which works for me. You can search for specific questions on it.
The navigation is better than most of the ones that I had downloaded earlier, and it has a much wider variety of creeds and confessions than most. (Some good and some bad, such as the Auburn Affirmation!) I am not sure if it came up when I was searching yesterday. But for some reason the print is quite faint. But it is a little better if you increase the text size. Regrettably, it has a banner ad at the bottom.

Reformed Companion is better than I thought it was initially too. I just wasn't expecting to have to type the number to get to catechism questions without scrolling. But the formatting of the WCF where it breaks up the sections of the chapters into separate units arguably leaves something to be desired, although maybe the bookmark feature will be of use.

I have been using an app called “Christian Creeds and Confessions” for years that I like. The formatting is decent and doesn’t require an excessive amount of scrolling.

I have been using an app called “Christian Creeds and Confessions” for years that I like. The formatting is decent and doesn’t require an excessive amount of scrolling.
It looks promising, but I didn't download it because it hasn't been updated in over 2 years and probably because of that, the developer hasn't disclosed privacy details. Maybe he doesn't collect any information, and even if he does it probably isn't any worse than many of the major websites and apps.

It looks promising, but I didn't download it because it hasn't been updated in over 2 years and probably because of that, the developer hasn't disclosed privacy details. Maybe he doesn't collect any information, and even if he does it probably isn't any worse than many of the major websites and apps.
Oh, I didn’t realize it hadn’t been updated. I’ve had it about five years. My apologies!

The one I use is called "CC & RC". It is outstanding. I have never had any trouble with it, and it is super easy to navigate. I don't know if it is any different than the ones noted above or not.

The one I use is called "CC & RC". It is outstanding. I have never had any trouble with it, and it is super easy to navigate. I don't know if it is any different than the ones noted above or not.
Recent updating of my phone and ipad mini, I downloaded my got to, "CC & RC". Thought I'd see if there were any newer ones that were better. Downloaded about four others.

Nah! "CC & RC", while minimal, has all the necessary features, and conveniently arranged for use. Good recommend Lane.

Recent updating of my phone and ipad mini, I downloaded my got to, "CC & RC". Thought I'd see if there were any newer ones that were better. Downloaded about four others.

Nah! "CC & RC", while minimal, has all the necessary features, and conveniently arranged for use. Good recommend Lane.
This is the one I was advocating for. In the App Store, it’s listed as “Christian creeds and confessions”, though it appears as “CC and RC” once the app is downloaded. Very good.

I've read all the way down, and no one has suggesting upgrading to Android yet.

Apple isn't running a company, they are running a cult.

We havent suggested upgrading to Apple either.
Why would someone consider upgrading from Apple to Apple. Unless they just wanted to spend $1000 or so each year on a phone? Are the Apps any different from an 11 to a 13?

Why would someone consider upgrading from Apple to Apple. Unless they just wanted to spend $1000 or so each year on a phone? Are the Apps any different from an 11 to a 13?
No that much. Going from 11 to 12 marked the addition of 5g to Apple. My wife still carries the XR and I the 12 mini. I have no plans to upgrade either with the 13 or soon to be released 14. I typically go at least 3 years on a device unless one goes out and then we may do a hand me down cascade. I’ve replaced the batteries in two iPhones before. Others have just been lost to damage. I do not upgrade to be upgrading.

I don't think there is much difference between the versions. I had my iPhone 6+ for four years before I got a new iPhone. They seem to be making them cheaper so they don't last as long.

I don't think there is much difference between the versions. I had my iPhone 6+ for four years before I got a new iPhone. They seem to be making them cheaper so they don't last as long.

I don't know about that. I'm using an iPhone X, released five years ago (and which I bought second-hand in 2019). I replaced the battery myself last year and it's still seems just as good as new to me.

Say what you will about Apple, but they are still supporting their latest OS on the iPhone 6s, which is 7 years old.

I like Android in theory, and I've used it in the past, but one of the biggest deterrents for me is how integrated Google is and how invasive they are regarding privacy. Apple is surprisingly good on privacy, even going so far to anonymizing your data when you use Maps so your location and movement patterns are not tied to you. Google blatantly sells that information. I know there are ways to guard your privacy on Android but they are generally a pain and you give up a good bit of convenience. All that could change, but if you're concerned about privacy and not a tech wizard, Apple is (surprisingly) a great option.

I don't know about that. I'm using an iPhone X, released five years ago (and which I bought second-hand in 2019). I replaced the battery myself last year and it's still seems just as good as new to me.

Say what you will about Apple, but they are still supporting their latest OS on the iPhone 6s, which is 7 years old.
I am still using an iPhone 6s, still good as new. Unfortunately, after all these years, the upcoming OS will no longer support it, but it should take another 2 years or so before apps I use start forcing me to upgrade.

The reason why I prefer Apple is because it feels like the hardware and software are tailor-made for each other, as opposed to Android.

Yall derailed this thread so to bring it back to the OP.... this is a good app made by a couple in the RPCNA - Relight App . Right now it's a web-app but I believe the plan is to eventually make it it's own stand alone app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back