best infant baptism book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thistle93

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi! Fully disclosure I believe in credobaptism but I think we should all read broadly from those who we disagree with in secondary issues, like when one is to be baptized. I would encourage my brothers in Christ who believe in pedobaptism to do the same. So I am looking for those who believe in pedobaptism to recommend the one book that they think is the best defense of the practice, which explains what the significance of it stands for and which states clearly that it does not save/regenerate the infant (such as the view of the Catholic Church). Please no "smart alecs" who say the Bible. That would be an obvious choice but as I read the Bible I am not convinced. So give me your one recommendation. Thank you!

For His Glory-
Matthew Wilson

Last edited:
I've handed out a couple dozen copies of Daniel Hyde's Jesus Loves the Little Children. All the new parents in my church get a copy. I also use it as a textbook for my young people who are preparing to make public profession of their faith. I think it's an excellent, concise summary of why we baptize children.

Hi,

My husband and I both come from a credo background. We own several of the books mentioned above as well as a couple of other ones. We never *got it* from those books. It was not until we did a study on Covenant Theology, while sitting under a pastor that holds to *New* Covenant Theology, that we *got it*. (We do *not* hold to NCT) We had put *infant baptism* on the shelf, so to speak, and were not even looking for it. I can still remember the night we were reading and both of us had an *AHA!!* moment at the same time, then we grabbed one of our baptism books again and it made CLEAR sense. I believe we were trying to extract parts of a whole and...well, you just can't.

*edited to add, we now embrace covenant baptism and have followed through in obedience by having our household baptized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back