• Firehouse Subs

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
innoutstore.jpg

Every year my youngest (she turned 17 today!!!) gives her #2 brother an In-N-Out shirt for his birthday. He proudly wears it around town in Fayetteville, AR.

Innout.jpg

Man, this thread is KILLING me! I picked the wrong time to be on a diet! No In-N-Out fries in 13 weeks.

Had to put in a vote for Whataburger, just because I haven't been there for many years, and you can get chicken fried steak on the quick.

Since we're putting local-regional chains in, here's a plug for Milo's, located only in Alabama. It's an unconventional burger with a brown sauce, but they are grilled fresh and taste delicious. Likewise, the fries are excellent, not to mention the sweet tea, which is marketed separately and sold by the gallon all over the Southeast.

milos.jpg

image_4784195.jpg

I buy lunch for my construction guys. Their favorite place is subway. With the new 5 dollar deal, you can get a foot long, and they make it to order. No grease, very little fat on the meat, unlike even good fast food burgers, you get your choice of bread, which isn't 50 percent sugar and you can watch them put it together for you. And for anyone that's ever worked in that industry, you know what I'm getting at.

The poll shows just how diverse peoples tastes are. Almost every entry now has one vote. Personally, though I have favorites, I do also enjoy a variety. I have a hard time eating at the same place repeatedly.

Interesting note about Hardees. I tried their food before Carl's Junior bought them out. And I hated it. Way too greasy and poor quality food. But once Carl's came in and gave them the Happy Star :D their food all of a sudden got better.

After In-n-out, I would choose Carl's Junior for a good burger. Their 6-Dollar Burger is incredible.

I've only ever seen 5 of the above up here in Canada. For those of us who regret eating fast food 30 minutes after lunch, that could be seen as a blessing.
:)

Yes In-n-Out.

When I lived in California it was a treat. This poor ex-seminary student could barely afford Top Ramen!

One fast food place that is getting very popular in Southern California that are from back east are Jersey Mikes Subs.

Has anyone ever heard of them or try their subs?
I think they are way better then Subways subs.

Arby's

Serious. I think they have improved drastically from how they started out.

The sandwiches and shakes (especially the mocha shake) are great.

I didn't know Arby's served food. I never considered that stuff between the bread they served food.

:p

I didn't know Arby's served food. I never considered that stuff between the bread they served food.

:p

My first non-paper-boy job was at Arby's. I can personally verify that the rainbow colored substance (yes, rainbow) that is called "roast beef" is not actually food. I think it's probably created by McDonald's, and comes out of the McManufacturingPlant that creates all of the McMix in the world. McBarf! :barfy:

Adam

I've never even heard of In-and-Out Burger. I feel deprived.

Has anyone ever eaten at a Five Guys Burgers? I believe they started out in the D.C. area but had moved to the Atlanta area when I lived there. Lots of good fixin's. The nearest one to Louisville is Indianapolis, I think. :(

Here in Louisville we have a W.W. Cousin's that's pretty good. They have a "burger bar" where you can put whatever you want on your burger.

Of the traditional fast food places, though, I think I like Wendy's the best. But Chick-fil-A has great breakfast burritos!

In and Out has too be the best I have had. Did you know that on the bottom of the cup of a soda our a milk shake at In and Out thay have John 3.16verse . It's on the bottom lip of the cup.. of course I havent been there for 5 years so thay might have got rid of it..

Although Chipotle's doesn't have a drive through, if there is not a long line, you can get a nice big fat burrito really fast and the ingredients are fresh and much healthier than other fast food restaurants. Since my wife and I have become more health conscience, Chipolte seems to be the only fast food place we will eat at. I cheat sometimes when I am by myself and go to Backyard Burgers.

Around here, Hardee's Thickburgers are best, though I really miss Tommy's Burger.

Of course, nothing beats barbecue, but is barbecue fast food?

I'm glad you put In-n-Out on the list. I feel bad for all those who've never had one of their burgers. Seriously, none of those other places even compare, in my opinion.

*sigh*

Now I'm hungry...

Yeah, as one who was born and raised in CA I can say that In-N-Out is one of the very few redeeming qualities of that state...

If you ever visit CA, you've gotta have one of these burgers. "it's what a hamburger is all about..."

I'm glad you put In-n-Out on the list. I feel bad for all those who've never had one of their burgers. Seriously, none of those other places even compare, in my opinion.

*sigh*

Now I'm hungry...

Yeah, as one who was born and raised in CA I can say that In-N-Out is one of the very few redeeming qualities of that state...

It's horrifying to see paradise become hell. Or to wake up one morning and discover that you're the foreigner. And the people who still speak English are these angry, self-centered money-fiends, people whom Southerners rightly call "d--- Yankees."

I am glad I am in the South. I am glad I discovered direct ancestors who fought for the CSA and dedicated themselves to Jesus Christ after the war. I am glad I can get good barbecue down the road.

But when I watch a classic Roy Rogers or John Wayne movie, I get homesick.

Speaking of Roy Rogers, I kinda miss their food. There's still one in Lessburg, VA and up in Maryland that I'll stop at when passing through. Double R Bar Burger.... mmmmm.... and they let you put your own fixin's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back