Best book that deals with Immutability of GOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thistle93

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi looking for a book that touches on the Immutability of GOD. Any recommendations? For His Glory- Matthew

Most good works on the doctrine of God actually deal with all of the attributes, since all of the at tributes imply one another. Millard Erickson's is the best.

Certainly pride of place goes to Charnock. I'll have to reread him but I don't know if Charnock deals with issues like the nuance between everlasting and eternal, though of course that is more relevant to the God and time thread.

You could do a lot worse than to consult Petrus van Mastricht's Theoretical-Practical Theology, v.2.

So glad to see all good recommendations in here instead of contemporary treatises.

Most of the major Reformed dogmaticians deal with the subject at length in their works of systematic theology. I have a sub-category on immutability on my blog, which is part of a parent category on the doctrine of God. These posts should give you a few useful leads, though you may wish to begin with this extract from Benedict Pictet. Also, some of John Owen's quotes on immutability and related subjects are very helpful, though they come from various works of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back