BEST BBQ STATE...Redux....

Best BBQ State

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me thinks that the pollster was afraid to put Kansas City on the list out of fear.

Here is where you find a list of BBQ joints in KC along with reviews from the Gastronomical Appreciation Society here in KC:

GAS Barbecue - Kansas City

You've heard of pub-crawling, KC is the only city that I know of that uses the term BBQ-crawl.

G.A.S Barbecue Crawls
Man, I don't fear KC!:lol: See, I just left it out so as not to SHAME my Brethren in that area on the BBQ issue!;););)

I keep thinking of what my friends in Papua New Guinea compaired Man Flesh to. Yuk. How can you eat things like pigs, possums and catfish anyway?

OK, never have eaten possum, but catfish and pork are made for eating! What's wrong with catfish now?

I can live with the vast differences that exist under the Reformed Umbrella, however, I am very concerned when I see so many on this site who do not acknowledge the considerable superiority of KC BBQ over all other meats called "BBQ".

If we cannot have unity on such a clear and obvious matter, what hope is there for us?

Did someone actually say N. Dakota? Oh brothers....

Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing.

:flamingscot:

And Bobby Flay is totally a nancy boy. Alton Brown > Bobby Flay.

Would slow walking ribs for about 2 hours qualify?

Actually, that is pretty quick. It is better than most folks who cook ribs on a grill, but in reality ribs come into their own after about four hours. Like I said, barbecue is slow and low.

I am cooking ribs on Saturday. I may throw a pork shoulder on Friday evening if have the time. If you are in the area, come on over.

I appreciate the invite, but I don't think I'll make it back in time for Sunday School unless I get my pilot's license.

Actually, the best BBQ state is Iowa right now. I just finished a meal for my wife. BBQ chicken (Lawrey's, fresh ground pepper, garlic, paprika, thyme seasoned chicken, covered with Cattleman's Smokey BBQ sauce), Cheesy rice, and cottage cheese. Served with wet washrags for getting it off your fingers, cuz you'll need it!

Actually, the best BBQ state is Iowa right now. I just finished a meal for my wife. BBQ chicken (Lawrey's, fresh ground pepper, garlic, paprika, thyme seasoned chicken, covered with Cattleman's Smokey BBQ sauce), Cheesy rice, and cottage cheese. Served with wet washrags for getting it off your fingers, cuz you'll need it!
Hey Timothy, I just discovered Lawry's over the holidays for my prime rib roast, and its good on a lot of stuff. Just tonight my bride used it on chicken breast tenders, and it was very good, but I think we'll have to try your recipe next. Sounds great!

I can live with the vast differences that exist under the Reformed Umbrella, however, I am very concerned when I see so many on this site who do not acknowledge the considerable superiority of KC BBQ over all other meats called "BBQ".

If we cannot have unity on such a clear and obvious matter, what hope is there for us?

Did someone actually say N. Dakota? Oh brothers....

Can we not forgive them for mentioning North Dakota? After all, they only recently discovered fire, and are still rather excited about it.

Theognome

I just came from visiting a friend in texas. Never been there before. Everything was BBQ. Little weiners floating in a huge pan of bbq sauce. BBQ Meatballs, and then up and down the sides of the street, bbq bbq bbq signs.
I got so tired of bbq sauce i couldnt take it no more. But i was a guest and had to force it down every meal :) Leftovers one night..were the weiners floating in that large pan of bbq sauce. I thought, it surely couldnt be weiner bbq soup ? I dunno but i was glad to get back up north.

I just came from visiting a friend in texas. Never been there before. Everything was BBQ. Little weiners floating in a huge pan of bbq sauce. BBQ Meatballs, and then up and down the sides of the street, bbq bbq bbq signs.
I got so tired of bbq sauce i couldnt take it no more. But i was a guest and had to force it down every meal :) Leftovers one night..were the weiners floating in that large pan of bbq sauce. I thought, it surely couldnt be weiner bbq soup ? I dunno but i was glad to get back up north.
OK, I have NO idea where in Texas you were, if I want a dog, my wife gets me some Nathan's and I just grill them put some good brown mustard on a roll and thats it, whoever was doing the BBQ sauce with the dogs floating around...they besmirched the Lone-Star State!

haha it was Longview :) Well, maybe different sections of the state do bbq's different:)
Well, that "ain't" far from me, and there are some good BBQ joints in the area. On behalf of the east-Texas area, I apologize! That is HORRID!:barfy:

Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing. Grilling is not BBQ-ing.

What?

BBQ'ing is a subcategory of grilling. And Flay is the best at both!

Boy Gets Grill Bobby Flay Grill Barbeque Cookbook Book Reviews Recipes Gayot

Alton Brown? The culinary chemist? Ha, that guy talks more than he eats!

-Rob

What?

BBQ'ing is a subcategory of grilling. And Flay is the best at both!

Boy Gets Grill Bobby Flay Grill Barbeque Cookbook Book Reviews Recipes Gayot

Alton Brown? The culinary chemist? Ha, that guy talks more than he eats!

-Rob

Ah contraire, my brother. Grilling and barbecue have very little in common. Grilling is fast, high heat it almost never involves meaningful discussions about life because you are too busy making sure everything doesn't scorch. Grilling can be pulled off over gas. Real barbecue cannot.

Barbecue is slow and low. If your heat ever gets above 250 you are toast. It is not smoking either. Folks up north often confuse the two. Frankly, for the best barbecue you don't want a lot of smoke. That is why you must have two fires going. One that is being cooked over and the other that is making the coals that are used on the cooking fire. One can use lump charcoal, never briquets, to cook with, but the result is not the same. Good barbecue is an art and science. It requires copious amounts of time, dedication to the purity of the produce, and love. Lots of love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back