BEST BBQ STATE...Redux....

Best BBQ State

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an unabashed equal opportunity carnivore, so it's all good to me.

But as a native, fifth-generation Texan, brisket, potato salad, slaw, beans with pickles and onions on the side is my soul BBQ. Add a jalapeno and you're close enough to complete joy on a plate for me. It makes me think of San Jacinto, Hood's Texas Brigade, Texas Swing, ranches as far as the eye can see and low taxes. What could be better?

But as a native, fifth-generation Texan, brisket, potato salad, slaw, beans with pickles and onions on the side is my soul BBQ. Add a jalapeno and you're close enough to complete joy on a plate for me. It makes me think of San Jacinto, Hood's Texas Brigade, Texas Swing, ranches as far as the eye can see and low taxes. What could be better?

A pig in a hotpit somewhere near Nogales surrounded by tortillas and tequila?

Theognome

Theognome

Brother, shall we talk of cabrito and Carta Blanca?

Theognome

Brother, shall we talk of cabrito and Carta Blanca?

Oh, my brother, take off your sandals, for you are on sacred ground. I remember a party my next door neighbor had some years ago. Jose and Rosa Martinez, only in the US (legally, I might add) for three years, invited their whole family over for the occasion. Of course, this was well over two hundred people. We also were invited. Yes, the kid was roasted, as well as the pit pig. I can assure you, you have not lived until the orangish-brown grease drips from your tortilla and down your arm from the rich carnitas and chilies therein; with frest cabrito pulled right off the carcass and draped into the mouth with gentle savage glee. Oh, did the Carta Blanca, Modelo Pacifico and of course Metzcal flow! Many worms died that day!

Theognome

We have a mama goat and kid in the back yard. Mama gives milk so she stays. Junior is a boy, so he's going to be curried sooner than later... last time, we did have it on a spit over a fire and whoa man, it was awesome.

I believe before leaving office President George W. Bush made an executive order establishing Texas as the unchallenged king of BBQ, watch Obama turn that one over!:p:lol:

What happened to North Carolina?!? Also, you need to put Mississippi in there as a choice as well -- completely gristle-free BBQ!

And the best sweet sauce in the world is from Greenville, SC! Smokin' Stokes BBQ and their world championship Cheerwine sauce! They cater a meal at the ARP's General Synod every year! Yum!

Yeah, but what about Texas?

The poll is obviously flawed. Texas is being compared to states that are not known for their BBQ. A similar analogy might be this: Who is the most orthodox theologian? A) Rick Warren; B) Arius; C) Nestorious; C) Pelagius; D) Charles Finney. I know the correct answer, but I ain't happy with it. :D
A cigar! Finally someone saw my " slanted" and biased poll for the sham it was!:):):) Did you people miss your coffee? New Hampshire BBQ!:lol::lol::lol:

North Carolina is vinegar...South Carolina is mustard. BTW, North Carolina is the best for BBQ.

North Dakota is what I choose. Texas is too vinegary!

Where did you try Texas BBQ? Typically Texas sauce is not vinegary at all. Carolina style in the vinegary stuff.

Barbecue sauce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you Manley!!! I was going to give a "rebuke" to our friend!:) No matter where you stand on the "ISSUE" ANY TRUE BBQ buff, in fairness will tell you Texas BBQ is not a vinegar based style! Were you smoking "something" when you ate the vinegar and just THOUGHT you were in Texas!!!:lol::lol::lol: BBQ NAZI's join in: NO BBQ FOR YOU!:cool::lol::lol::lol:

Has anyone ever had BBQ in Kentucky? They use mutton! I don't recommend it.

BTW, I do like brisket. I just don't call it barbecue.

Has anyone ever had BBQ in Kentucky? They use mutton! I don't recommend it.

BTW, I do like brisket. I just don't call it barbecue.
Mutton!!!! NO! NO! Abomination! That "ain't" BBQ. There are people around here that call that "Shootin' words! :lol::lol::lol: Mutton!:confused:

Depends on the style of BBQ I'm a "jonesin" for at the time. I like 'em all.

I'm a proud carnivore. ;)

Young goat and mutton taste pretty close to the same. Range fed lamb BBQed properly is simply impossible to better. The best place for pork it at the bottom of the sea.

Me thinks that the pollster was afraid to put Kansas City on the list out of fear.

Here is where you find a list of BBQ joints in KC along with reviews from the Gastronomical Appreciation Society here in KC:

GAS Barbecue - Kansas City

You've heard of pub-crawling, KC is the only city that I know of that uses the term BBQ-crawl.

G.A.S Barbecue Crawls

Would slow walking ribs for about 2 hours qualify?

Actually, that is pretty quick. It is better than most folks who cook ribs on a grill, but in reality ribs come into their own after about four hours. Like I said, barbecue is slow and low.

I am cooking ribs on Saturday. I may throw a pork shoulder on Friday evening if have the time. If you are in the area, come on over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back