Been Waiting for This

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbaggins

Puritan Board Doctor

Friends, I have been waiting for this book to come out for the last six months. Over 40 years in the making, it is in many ways the heart and soul of WTS education during that time. Now, you too can be "Gaffinized." I could not possibly commend this book highly enough.

For some reason, I can't get a link to go in this post. Something is wrong. I have tried about ten times, but it won't work. Just go to wtsbooks.com, and look at the new Richard Gaffin book entitled "In the Fullness of Time."

The last time Dr. Gaffin taught Acts and Paul was during my second semester as a student while Dr. Beale was on sabbatical and he agreed to teach it in his place. I was disappointed that I did not have the Greek prerequisites to take it at that point. I also am very grateful that this has been published and am really looking forward to reading it.

it is in many ways the heart and soul of WTS education
It certainly was for me, Lane (along with living with Ferguson for two years): Dick's course on Acts and the Pauline Epistles, whence this comes, was absolutely formative for me, especially as someone with a heavy dose of ordo salutis, as I had--soterically Reformed but not properly covenantal--and no proper understanding of historia salutis at all. I shall always recall that class with great fondness and gratitude. I am so glad that this will now be available.

Peace,
Alan

It certainly was for me, Lane (along with living with Ferguson for two years): Dick's course on Acts and the Pauline Epistles, whence this comes, was absolutely formative for me, especially as someone with a heavy dose of ordo salutis, as I had--soterically Reformed but not properly covenantal--and no proper understanding of historia salutis at all. I shall always recall that class with great fondness and gratitude. I am so glad that this will now be available.

Peace,
Alan
That was precisely my experience as well (except I didn't live with Ferguson for two years). I remember Lane Tipton interviewing me for a job at the bookstore, and he asked me, "What logically precedes soteriology?" I didn't have the foggiest idea what he was talking about, let alone that he was referencing Vos. So I answered with Christological motifs, and the doctrine of sin, etc., the things I thought one needed in ST prior to the discussion of salvation. It took a long while at WTS to understand he was talking about eschatology via Vos's BT. Gaffin was the turning point in my understanding this stuff.

Friends, I have been waiting for this book to come out for the last six months. Over 40 years in the making, it is in many ways the heart and soul of WTS education during that time. Now, you too can be "Gaffinized." I could not possibly commend this book highly enough.

No ebook yet? Does anyone know if there will be an ebook version?
It's my old eyes. I'm pretty well stuck with ebooks. And I love them.

BTW - My oed.com dictionary didn't recognize the word "Gaffinized." Humm?

Logos version comes out tomorrow. And you can get a free Logos version with

Wow! I was disparaging thinking it never would be out. What great news. I get up at about three in the morning, so tomorrow isn't very far away.

Thanks,

Ed

EDIT: I pre-ordered it about 2 minutes ago. It might cost more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wow! I was disparaging thinking it never would be out. What great news. I get up at about three in the morning, so tomorrow isn't very far away.

Thanks,

Ed

EDIT: I pre-ordered it about 2 minutes ago. It might cost more tomorrow.
Never be out on logos? Heh don’t worry, it’s a crossway title-definite would be out

And you can get a free Logos version

Thanks, John, but I have nearly 8,000 resources already. :)
So many books--so little time left. But leaving it all behind is not too bad either. I'll be 71 in November, and I am already at the low end of expectation. And 80? I don't think I have that much strength. (Psalm 90:10) Psalm 90 will be the theme of my memorial service. It's all planned, and I'm ready to go. Check it out.

It let me post a tinyurl, but not the unmodified link.

"Gaffinized" is to be instructed in a rather intense way by Richard Gaffin. It is a term WTS students know fairly well if they have had any Gaffin classes.

Such warm reviews by folks I trust and respect moved my heart to buy this book (from Amazon, which does well with international shipping and delivery, but adds to the cost). I recently bought a Kindle Paperwhite to read some books – more convenient to purchase, obtain, and read (don't like sitting in front of a computer all the time!) – but this book I wanted to be able to hold in my hands! Now, if the Lord will grant me to live long enough to read it, I'll be glad. Though if He doesn't I'll be beyond glad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back