Because There Really is No Such Thing as Too Many Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
I thought I would pass this along, for those of you who don't subscribe (but you should!) to Ligonier Ministries' "Table Talk" magazine. The December, 2013 issue contains an interview with Joel R. Beeke, who discusses three major upcoming publishing projects from Reformation Heritage Books.

Verbatim quotes:

1. "The first is a KJV study Bible, projected for print in 2015. It will be the first KJV study Bible that is thoroughly Reformed and helpful for fathers in leading family worship."

2. "The second project is the complete works of William Perkins, one of the fathers of Puritanism, in ten volumes. His works have not been reprinted since the early seventeenth century."

3. "The third project, in conjunction with the Dutch Reformed Translation Society, is the translation into English of Petrus Van Mastrict's [1630-1706 - RZ] extensive Reformed theology, which explores each point from biblical, doctrinal, polemical, and practical perspectives. Jonathan Edwards said it was the best thing ever written besides the Bible."

Yes, more books!

My blue collar environment is definitely affecting my involuntary use of language. After reading your post, I pensively remarked to myself, "Wow ... Sweeeet." :lol:

Sorry! :offtopic:

"Another damn'd thick, square book! Always scribble, scribble, scribble! Eh! Mr. Gibbon?" —William Henry, 1st Duke of Gloucester; also attributed to Edward, Duke of Cumberland, to author Edward Gibbon upon receiving the second (or third, or possibly both) volume(s) of The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. :)

Aggravation: We still have to wait more than a year for the KJV study Bible, and I think it's going to be several more years before the Van Mastrict is available. Grrr.

And, I'm still (semi-)patiently waiting for Volume 2 of Douglas F. Kelly's "Systematic Theology." Volume 1 is 5 years old now.

Open letter to Dr. Kelly: "Dear Dr. Kelly: I'm 61. Write faster."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back