Baseball 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by crhoades
I'm going to St. Louis to see the Cards pay
The awesome thing is that it will be a father/son trip with no wives.

[edit]In case my wife reads this, there's nothing wrong with you sweetheart - it's just a man thang...)

:lol:

Chris, I can tell you are not like some married guys I know with pink dust ruffles on their bed-- it never hurts to assert your manhood and mark your territory like a prowling dog whether with sports, television or staking claim to certain parts of the house.
:bigsmile:

American League baseball is satan's league. The national league is God's league...the way baseball should be played, and the way it always has been played!

The record vs. each other; the Yankees beat them more often than they beat the Yankees.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Angels have the same record, but beat the Yankees more often. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

[Edited on 10-3-2005 by JohnV]

Originally posted by Romans922
American League baseball is satan's league. The national league is God's league...the way baseball should be played, and the way it always has been played!

And the Cards are headed for the Promised Land!!!

Originally posted by Ivan
Originally posted by Romans922

And the Cards are headed for the Promised Land!!!

BTW, my "Mood" was listed back in spring! :bigsmile:

YES! The Yankees lost!
tongue00154kq.gif

:ditto:

the spankees are goners!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats it like to be defeated by the Los Angelas Angles of Anaheim,Orange County, California, United States of America, North American of the Americas, Planet Earth , Milky Way Galaxy???

blade

The Cards are creeping ever closer to their next World Championship.
Awesome Offence and Awesome Pitching :banana:

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by lwadkins]

As a New York Mets fan, my season has two possible scenarios for a happy ending:

1. The Mets win (which did not happen)
2. The Yankees lose.

Thankfully, the Yankees DID lose! Amazing how God's sovereignty was displayed in Anaheim last evening.

Originally posted by Bladestunner316

the Los Angelas Angles of Anaheim,Orange County, California, United States of America, North American of the Americas, Planet Earth , Milky Way Galaxy???

blade

Now this is FUNNY!!!! Great one, Nathan!

Now that the Yankees, Braves, Red Sox & the Padres have been eliminated, who are your favorites?

Astros vs. Cardinals: Astros.

Angels vs. White Sox: Angels.

I now am reminded why I have never rooted for a team from Houston......I made an exception this year, but will likely never do so again.

what a boring World Series!

:tombstone:

I thought the Cubs would do better for 2005. I was way off.

Although I am a White Sox fan, I never expected them to make it all the way this year.

I am a huge Atlanta Braves fan, and I am no bandwagon jumper! I have liked the Braves since the days of Dale Murphy, Claudell Washington, TimHorner, Rapheal Rameriz, and Glen Hubbard.

I am also a Red Sox fan but just sort of a subtle one as I am not that into the AL much at all because of that lame DH rule. Back when I was a kid I kept a score book while watching the Braves play.

But you're right about one thing, I have more passion for PSU football than any other sport by far.

Originally posted by houseparent
I am a huge Atlanta Braves fan, and I am no bandwagon jumper! I have liked the Braves since the days of Dale Murphy, Claudell Washington, TimHorner, Rapheal Rameriz, and Glen Hubbard.

I am also a Red Sox fan but just sort of a subtle one as I am not that into the AL much at all because of that lame DH rule. Back when I was a kid I kept a score book while watching the Braves play.

But you're right about one thing, I have more passion for PSU football than any other sport by far.

No, I just meant that the Series was not "action packed." Yet at the same time - for the slower paced baseball fan - this was perhaps the closest series of games, even though it was a sweep, in decades. Edge of the seat stuff -- for me at least!

Yea, I can see that I suppose. I just found both teams to be bland, although the no-name White Sox can win me over a little. The Braves had Jermain Dye years ago as a rookie, guess they should have kept him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back