Baptizing Twins This Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Eshelman

Puritan Board Senior
Friends, This AM I have the privilege of baptizing twins. They are 4 months old, but had some early on difficulties that kept them from church- so today's the day!

The names are Clark Luther and Grant Calvin. The parents asked me to preach from John 3 because there will be a lot of unbelieving family in attendance. The former (retired) pastor (who remains a member of presbytery and a member of our congregation) will be giving a meditation on the Larger Catechism 167 and challenging the congregation to 'improve upon their baptisms'.

It's going to be a good Lord's Day. Give thanks that Christ builds his church... and often through the normal means of raising godly children.

That sounds like a blessed occasion! I pray that the preaching of the gospel will be effective in the hearts of the hearers today. :pray2:

Friends, This AM I have the privilege of baptizing twins. They are 4 months old, but had some early on difficulties that kept them from church- so today's the day!

The names are Clark Luther and Grant Calvin. The parents asked me to preach from John 3 because there will be a lot of unbelieving family in attendance. The former (retired) pastor (who remains a member of presbytery and a member of our congregation) will be giving a meditation on the Larger Catechism 167 and challenging the congregation to 'improve upon their baptisms'.

It's going to be a good Lord's Day. Give thanks that Christ builds his church... and often through the normal means of raising godly children.

The baptisms went very well. While discussing the baptisms over a fellowship lunch- it was noted that in our 106 year history in LA this was the first time that twins were baptized in our congregation.

Cool.

Those are great baptisms. I baptized quints about a year or so ago. It is still a subject of conversation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back