Baptized this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Price

Puritan Board Freshman
This morning, after we took part in the Lord's Supper, I obeyed the Lord's commandment for baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I am so humbled that God chose to save me back in February, and that he allowed me to be baptized this morning.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. Now, on to more for His glory.

I sure hope you didn't wear shorts or you are going to hell.

Just kidding. Praise the Lord!!

I sure hope you didn't wear shorts or you are going to hell.

Just kidding. Praise the Lord!!

I sure did! Didn't have a robe big enough for me, so I wore shorts and a tee shirt.

Could not be better in my soul though. God is sovereign.

Great news. It is wonderful that God saved you from such a wretched error. May you ever ponder the words of Samuel Rutherford: “I don’t know which Person of the Trinity I love the most, but this I know, I love each of them, and I need them all."

Thanks for letting us share in the event, brother. It is very encouraging!

I am writing this at 1:00AM Central. I was awakened suddenly to the sounds of an attempted drive-by on my home. God is so good to preserve my life in salvation of my soul and protection from the attacks on me and my Mom. To the Lamb that was slain, my life I own. The praises I have, to Him all shall go!

Praise God, William! :)

I am writing this at 1:00AM Central. I was awakened suddenly to the sounds of an attempted drive-by on my home. God is so good to preserve my life in salvation of my soul and protection from the attacks on me and my Mom. To the Lamb that was slain, my life I own. The praises I have, to Him all shall go!

:eek: Do these drive-bys happen often?! :pray2:

:eek:

Praise the Lord for protecting you and your family, William!

Praise God, William! :)

:eek: Do these drive-bys happen often?! :pray2:

No, this was the first in a long time. Woke me up. Just got back up. Need to be at work for 7:00AM Central.

-----Added 7/20/2009 at 05:12:14 EST-----

:eek:

Praise the Lord for protecting you and your family, William!

Amen! God has been so good to me. Beyond words!

-----Added 7/20/2009 at 05:13:29 EST-----

Great news. It is wonderful that God saved you from such a wretched error. May you ever ponder the words of Samuel Rutherford: “I don’t know which Person of the Trinity I love the most, but this I know, I love each of them, and I need them all."

That is powerful! I will be adding this to my quotes page.

Was it directed at you specifically, or was it random?

Congratulations on the baptism, William.

I'll say what the ex-UPCI people that I know always say to each other when one of us gets baptized in a Trinitarian church (don't know exactly what it's from, but it might be Reformed liturgy of some sort, because I think my friend Joe started the tradition):

Child of God, you have been sealed and marked with the cross of Christ forever.

And sorry about the drive-by. I get hatemail and stuff about how I'm going to die (aren't we all?) but never had an attempt made. Do you think it was related to your baptism? or just random? or maybe you aren't sure? Mostly the stuff I get isn't a threat so much as a bunch of shrieking about how God is going to send someone to kill me... and how I have blasphemed the HG, etc, and that I should repent before it's too late. Which never makes much sense to me. I mean, if I blasphemed the HG, what's the point of repenting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back